Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Natale ablation date

Posted by Jill 
Natale ablation date
April 17, 2013 12:08AM
I cant believe after reading about everyone else on this forum planning their ablations that I am "there" now, myself. I have my date scheduled for July 1 and was surprised he was available that quickly.
now
i'm scared and anxious! Yikes! I was pretty against ablation for quite awhile but it appears I am out of options. This is where you guys come on and assure me all is well and this is a good decision!
Re: Natale ablation date
April 17, 2013 11:27AM
I think it's going to be fine for you.
April 17, 2013 11:31AM
Jill, it's a piece of cake. I had my ablation 1 year ago and I have been in NSR since. As I remember, I slept through the whole thing.

Jim
April 17, 2013 04:16PM
I'm curious as to the ages of those who have had successful ablations. I am beginning to run out of options and the electrophysiologist, among other things, mentioned ablation. I asked him if that was a good idea at my age of 79.5. He said he didn't think that anatomically speaking I seemed to be that age; but after we explored the fact that I had had a major heart attack, two stents, pacemaker/defibrillator, and medium leakage of the mitrial valve, he said he didn't think ablation was an option except as a last resort. Have others here had ablations under similar circumstances?
April 17, 2013 11:37PM
Jill: I had a failed ablation 3 years ago and now I long for the day I can shake Dr. Natale's hand and give him the eager nod to ablate my heart., which hopefully will be within a year. You're in good hands. Natale is the best.
April 18, 2013 12:23PM
Jill - You'll be in the best hands with Dr. Natale.

Best to you,
Jackie
April 20, 2013 03:37PM
Thanks everyone. I am starting to relax and look forward to NSR!!
April 23, 2013 03:15PM
Hi Dwightsbride,

Regarding your question on age and ablation, considering your extensive past cardio history, once again the best source of confirmation for you would be a consult with Dr Natale or one of his colleagues like Drs. Pinski, Schweikart, Burkhardt, Gallinghouse or Hao .. to name a few.

Dr Natale and his group have done the most research I am aware of on ablation in people over 75 up to 90+ and have found there is no special contraindication for people of such an age group.

I recently discussed with with Dr. N, a Texas man who contacted me that is about to turn 92years old and is just coming off a serious 9 month long bleeding ordeal and nightmare from taking Pradaxa and is thus only on baby aspirin even though he is in persistent AFIB too. Dr N said he would be glad to see him and that his age was not necessarily a problem for qualifying for an ablation in the right hands (underscore those last few words).

Keep in mind that your overall state of health and history will be taken into account, but where another EP with less experience might well be more reluctant, you will get your best answer from a man of Natale's skill and long experience. If its too risky he will tell you, if he is confident he can help make your golden years even more golden, then he will offer that as well. Either way, at least you can be sure you are getting the full story of what is possible and prudent for a man in your state of health and age by seeing one of the very best in this field.

Shannon
April 23, 2013 04:05PM
Hi Jill,

I replied to your first post about your then upcoming Natale visit at the bottom of this page, just so you are aware. Again its great news and JUly seems a good date for you. The sooner the better!

Am glad too you enjoyed your visit with Dr. N as I was confident you would. Your job is done now, you got yourself into the best hands you possible could and now just let all the anxiety go and take it as it comes.

Anyway, be well and as I noted below, please keep us posted along the way.

Cheers! Shannon
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login