Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Cardiograph App for iPad free today in the App store

Posted by Gill 
Cardiograph App for iPad free today in the App store
April 11, 2013 07:11PM
I don't have an iPhone so didn't take much interest in this app in the past, but it is free today for the iPad, which I do have. Just tried it for the first time and it worked beautifully.

You can save your readings and could show them to your EP. My reading was a lovely line of regular beats, not a single blip - thank you Professor Haissaguerre!

I intend to make a recording when I am getting ectopics, but they have been few and far between for the last month or so.

Gill
Re: Cardiograph App for iPad free today in the App store
April 11, 2013 10:21PM
Hi Gill - do you have a link or description of this??
April 11, 2013 11:11PM
Hi Gill,

I have that app, but bought one by the same company for abouy $5 US called Stress Doctor. It plots heart rate vs. time, rather than just the pulse wave.

When I've woken up at 3AM in what I thought was afib, but, in my denial state was questioning whether it was, I'd use this app. When the scale for the HR vs. time plot is 50 to 150 BPM, and the rates are everywhere in between, I know it is afib. It doesn't make as pretty or accurate a chart as my Polar monitor, but is much more convenient since I always have my iPhone with me.

On the more expensive end of things, the emwave people (their product used to be called FreezeFramer - some of us have this) have an iPhone/iPad product that use an ear or finger sensor for heart rate. It probably works a little better than the Cardiograph or StressDoctor that use the finger over the camera, but costs $99 US.

I've tried bluetooth hear rate monitors with an iPhone, but all the apps I can find record a moving average, not beat to beat.

The Cardiograph technology works pretty well, especially for free.

George
April 11, 2013 11:20PM
Ron,

Its in the iPhone app store, [itunes.apple.com] or Stress Doctor [itunes.apple.com] in the case of the one that costs $5.

George
April 15, 2013 10:06AM
Good morning! Anyone know if the app also works on an iPod?

Thanks!

/L
April 15, 2013 11:29PM
For sure it works on ipad and iphone . It should work on ipod touch. at least it shows up in the ipod zone on my Mac.

Cheers

adrian
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login