Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

iodine

Posted by SteveDaley 
iodine
April 08, 2013 06:19AM
Does anyone on here take iodine and what are the symptoms of not enough iodine in the diet.
Re: iodine
April 08, 2013 06:50AM
I did - started using Lugols and other forms - I really thought it had fixed the AF. I went 6 months with just one noted incident. But then it came back with a vengeance. Worth a try though.
April 08, 2013 09:24AM
afhound99 thank for your input. I had ablation in 2008 and things were going good till Bronchitis this january
i was on PIP and it worked however doctor gave me flec and toprol to take for at least a month because of the bronchitis knocking me into
afib. I have some Lugols how much did you take and did you take it daily or what. I see the doctor today at 12 at univ of pa. Thanks
April 08, 2013 11:55AM
Actually I mostly took a tab of Potassium Iodide every day- each one had 32.5 mg
Somedays I took Lugols 2% for an equivalent dose or somewhat less
Nowadays I take Iodoral but maybe just once a week - that has 5mg Iodine and 7.5mg Potassium Iodide

I made sure I got thyroid tests while supplementing. I never mentioned it to the EP, thinking they'd be dissmissive of the attempt ..
April 12, 2013 10:09AM
I've had two periods in my life where I was experiencing ectopics most of the day for weeks on end. I began taking Lugol's 5% solution and within days my heartbeat "smoothed out". This worked both times. I continue to supplement with iodine, taking anything from one drop to four drops a day. Some days I take none.

For me, I think it helped. My A-fib has become less frequent, but that's hard to gauge when you average only two or three episodes a year anyway. My last episode was over nine months ago, which is pretty good!

I rarely experience ectopics now. Well, ones that I can feel anyway.

This is just my experience, but it may not be appropriate for everybody. Just like ginger, which some on this site are using, is not appropriate for me as it's too heating to the body.
April 12, 2013 11:44AM
WHEN YOU TOOK THE LUGOLS DID YOUR WELL BEING FEEL BETTER OR BETTER YET DID YOU START TO FEEL BETTER
April 13, 2013 07:18AM
Hi Steve,

Well, I suppose I did feel better in that the ectopics were pretty much gone after supplementing with the iodine, whereas prior to the iodine the irregular beats were consuming my attention somewhat and making me anxious. My skin started to look better too, that's something I noticed (and others noticed too).

I continue to supplement with iodine to a lesser extent now, more so to counter all the iodine depleting ingredients we tend to consume, such as fluoride in water and bromide in bread.

All the best,
Po Ra
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login