Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Boston 2013 AFib Symposium symopsis

Posted by Diane98683 
Boston 2013 AFib Symposium symopsis
March 23, 2013 11:28AM
I see recent posts have been referring to the results of the Boston 2013 AFib Symposium. I found a very good synopsis of the event here:

[a-fib.com]

Diane
Re: Boston 2013 AFib Symposium symopsis
March 23, 2013 11:55PM
Thank you for this, Diane! Like many others, I would imagine, I am particularly excited about the non-invasive mapping that is being tried now. I didn't get a good idea on how long we might have this available for those of us who don't/can't go to France to have an ablation. Did you get the idea that this might be a few years down the road or more like, within a year? I am sitting on the fence about moving forward with an ablation, but if this would make it more likely to be successful, I'd prefer to wait a bit more. Ditto on the cryo-ablation, although I have heard mixed reviews on this...

What are you own thougths on all of this for futue ablations? Anyone else?

Thanks again ~ Barb
March 24, 2013 12:08AM
I actually have no idea how soon, or even if, major advances in ablation will come. It could be a year, or it could be many years. We just have to wait and see.

It seems like the best course of action is for me to stay on Flecainide for as long as it works, and as soon as it stops, get an ablation right away. If, evidence comes out that it's better to get an ablation sooner, and not wait until Flecainide stops working, then at that point go and get one. Also, when I see my EP again, I'm going to ask him about the toxicity of Flecainide. I have heard of people (and met one) who were on Flecainide for years and years and were able to tolerate it that long. I'm scheduled to see my EP again in October (I'm seeing him annually).

Diane
March 24, 2013 05:56PM
Diane,

You may be interested in this abstract from afibbers.com [www.afibbers.com]

Hans
March 26, 2013 12:01AM
Hans, thanks so much for that article. I'm glad I'm on a safe drug. It gives me time to wait and see if better ablation technologies or procedures are developed.

Diane
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login