Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Colorado EP / cardiologist recommendations

Posted by Kurtray 
Colorado EP / cardiologist recommendations
February 10, 2013 10:06AM
Hi, this is my first post, having lurked for a while. Since I'm typing on my ipad I'll keep it brief. Looking for recommendations for an EP and cardiologist in Colorado that are "down with" the afibbers.org strategy. My current cardiologist is not...
Thanks, Kurt
Re: Colorado EP / cardiologist recommendations
February 11, 2013 02:47PM
Kurt,

I don't know of any cardiologists/EPs in the US that are actually using the afibbers.org approach to atrial fibrillation. However, the following electrophysiologist in Denver, Colorado has a good reputation in general and is OK with supplementation, but ablation skills are unknown.

Dr. J Thomas Svinarich, MD
4101 W Conejos Pl # 100
Denver, CO 80204
(303) 595-2600 and 1-888-729-7976

Hans
February 12, 2013 10:01AM
One of my friends was recently successfully ablated by Svinarich, though I heard he may be retiring soon.

Another friend was successfully ablated by:

Fuenzalida Charles E MD
1444 S Potomac St, Ste 300
Aurora, CO 80012-4510
(303) 750-0822‎
(303) 750-1298‎ - Fax

Several years ago (2007?), there was a story in the local paper about an EP saving a man's life with a very difficult emergency ablation. I thought I'd posted the link here, but can't find it here or with a Google search & I don't remember the name. It is possible it was Fuenzalida.

George
February 13, 2013 01:08AM
Thanks for the suggestions, guys, I'll check 'em out.

Hans, I was bit surprised by your comment that you "don't know of any cardiologists/EPs in the US that are actually using the afibbers.org approach to atrial fibrillation". Just in the brief time I've spent trying to drink from the firehose of info from afibbers.org, it would seem that doctors including Dr. Natale, Dr. Sinatra, and Dr. Roberts would be considered at least open to the afibbers.org strategy??
Anonymous User
February 13, 2013 06:18AM
Kurtray, is it that you cannot apply these strategies without a doctor's blessing? Can you not, all on your own, do some of these things for yourself? None of them is illegal or even immoral, so far as i can see. If it turns out that you have run into some doctor who is virulently opposed to your trying to help yourself, is that not a clue that you need to contact another, hopefully better doctor? Just askin', as the saying goes.

PeggyM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2013 06:21AM by PeggyM.
February 13, 2013 09:50PM
Kurtray,

I saw Svinarich eight years ago. His partner told me digioxin was his favorite med. I was horrified and had hour long arguments with him. He booted me over to Svinarich who was much more enlightened. He suggested I stay out of rhythm as my afib HR was low. I proposed a plan "B" of electrolyte supplements backstopped by PIP (on-demand) flecainide. He agreed. I've been following this plan successfully since. However I've not been back, since the plan was my creation, not his.

George
February 13, 2013 11:09PM
PeggyM Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Kurtray, is it that you cannot apply these
> strategies without a doctor's blessing?
> :
> PeggyM

Peggy, my thinking is that my path to a cure should ideally be in partnership with my doc's. After all, there are definitely certain things I can't do without them. smiling smiley So yes, I'm looking for a new cardiologist and EP that are at least open to the basic tenets of The Strategy. My current cardiologist isn't strongly opposed, but he also has nothing to _offer_ other than the usual drugs and hardware. I'm hoping there's a Colorado rendition of "Dr. Natale " waiting to be discovered by Yours Truly. For what it's worth, a bit of research has yielded Dr. Nita Harris in Colorado Springs with very high patient satisfaction ratings - maybe I need to interview her & staff to find out her stance on alternatives.

I'm working on my "story" to present to y'all, so that you'll have more background on my medical history, so stay tuned... And thanks.

Kurt
February 13, 2013 11:27PM
GeorgeN Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Kurtray,
>
> I saw Svinarich eight years ago.
:
> He suggested I stay out of rhythm
> as my afib HR was low. I proposed a plan "B" of
> electrolyte supplements backstopped by PIP
> (on-demand) flecainide. He agreed. I've been
> following this plan successfully since.

George, it sounds like you might have a similar type of Afib to mine, as I have bradycardia, not tachycardia. I've been in persistent Afib since last summer, and am scheduled for a cardio vert next week. Do you have silent Afib? How do you know you're out of NSR?

I've consistently had first degree AV block since my first EKG in 1999 - the reading I've done makes it clear that flecainide is contra-indicated in cases of AV block. My cardiologist has recommended flecainide post-cardiovert, so I'm postponing the procedure until he and I can agree on a better plan...

So it sounds like you'd recommend Svinarich at least as a doc who's open to alternatives?

Thanks, Kurt
February 14, 2013 09:37PM
Kurt,

Dr. S was certainly more open than his partner. A lady from Grandby posted a few years ago on Fuenzalida. You can search here to find her posts. Her husband was the afibber.

"Do you have silent Afib?"

No, I have a "feeling" I'm out of rhythm and verify with my radial pulse.

"How do you know you're out of NSR?"

The first time, I was checking my blood pressure manually and could hear the irregular rhythm. Subsequently I've gotten very sensitive to what my heart/pulse is doing.

I'm not symptomatic, but I do "know" when I'm out of rhythm.

I believe Shannon wrote about a protocol for cardioversions - & how to make them hold better. You might search for this. Also read Hans' paper here: [www.afibbers.org]

George
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login