Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

1 Week Away from Ablation

Posted by Chukker 
1 Week Away from Ablation
February 06, 2013 11:01AM
Today I take my last dose of Multaq until after the ablation. Multaq has not stopped the A Fib but it seems to have shortened the duration of each episode I am getting nervous about having the procedure. I guess this happens to everyone. This time next week I should be near the end of my scheduled ablation with Dr. Wharton at MUSC. I have been waiting since September when I saw Dr. Wharton. At that time it was an easy decision to make, I wanted to be rid of the A Fib and the drugs that go along with it. Now, at a week away, I find myself second guessing that decision. I mostly worry about my family if something should go wrong. This forum has been very helpful in getting me to this point. I will be reading Tom P's posts about his ablation over and over to settle my nerves.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
Re: 1 Week Away from Ablation
February 06, 2013 12:33PM
Chukker,

I was in your situation exactly one year ago. I am back to my NSR for a year now.
I take no drug. And PAC has subsided. I am happy that I made the decision.
Best wishes to your procedure.

BillC
February 06, 2013 09:08PM
Hello Chuck,
I am one week post ablation and so far so good. I have had zero complications, am in NSR, no skipped beats and walking already for one hour. I was nervous as heck as well before my ablation, but my nerves settled down when shifting my thoughts on the positive side of the purpose of the ablation. it is indeed a very personal decision for having or not the procedure. I wish you all the best whichever path you will decide to walk on and please keep us posted. My thoughts and prayers are with you, your family and doctors.
Gianfranco
February 07, 2013 07:03AM
Thanks Bill and Gianfranco. Gianfranco, your experience is certainly encouraging. Today I discontinue the Multaq. If my A Fib comes back with a vengeance, I will probably beg for an ablation.

Chuck
February 07, 2013 06:51PM
Gianfranco,
Are you on any anti-arrhythmic drugs post ablation? I believe I will go back on Multaq after my ablation. Hope you are still doing well.
February 11, 2013 01:01PM
3 months post-ablation with no afib here.

I take no AARs - I still take 200 mg/day Mg, 62mg/wk warfarin (hopefully can quit this when I see Dr for ablation followup at end of Feb).
February 11, 2013 03:08PM
That`s great news and encouraging. I am on Xarelto and understand that I will be on that for a couple months post ablation. Not happy about the Xarelto but so far no problems. I was also told I would be back on Multaq for a couple months. I have been off Multaq for about a week and now have more frequent A Fib. Fortunately, the episodes have been 2 hours or less a few times a day. I take klonopin which treats the anxiety and allows me to sleep.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login