Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New, better Forum arrangement

Posted by Alexandra 
New, better Forum arrangement
January 16, 2013 02:46PM
Maybe this is stale news to some, but I am really appreciating the way new posts now float their topic to the head of the list. It was frustrating before when interesting topics disappeared off the page. Thanks, Hans!
Re: New, better Forum arrangement
January 16, 2013 11:08PM
Sure but what happens to replies to older posts? They get lost is what.
The way most of these work is they get listed in last replied to or last posted date order, latest first.
January 16, 2013 11:27PM
Older posts will get lost no matter what the format is.

This way, a thread with new responses will be brought to the top. As long as the subject is actively being discussed, it will remain on the first page. Otherwise, if the subject is on page 2 or 3 or more, a new thread will need to be created. This way, if you are searching for a subject, it is much easier to follow. No need to search through multiple threads with only a couple of responses.

Virtually every other forum does this, and I applaud Hans for updating the forum.

lisa

So much of medicine is looking solely down the wrong end of the gun barrel, and that is really a pity for all of us---Shannon
January 17, 2013 01:45PM
"Virtually every other forum does this"

I'm not sure that is the case, at least with the forums I frequent. There may be no ideal way, and it may be I'm missing something but,if someone was searching and replied to a month old thread, probably few people would see it. Maybe that doesn't matter.. anyway just my 2c..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2013 12:52PM by afhound99.
March 21, 2013 10:06AM
To afhoud99,

I am fairly new and didn't discover for about a week that I could "follow a topic." I too, was searching for the topic I had posted on to see if there was a response before I discovered this. You will know right away if someone has responded to your post. Like I said, I'm new, so I don't know if that was always an option or not.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login