Welcome to the Afibber’s Forum
Serving Afibbers worldwide since 1999
Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Adrenergic Fibrillation -More common any particular time of day?

Posted by Nancy 
Adrenergic Fibrillation -More common any particular time of day?
December 23, 2012 02:20PM
For the vagal fibbers, the most common time to get an attack is said to be at night.

I'm wondering if there is a "time of day" common occurance for Adrenergic fibbers? My fib attacks almost always show up between 4 - 8pm. It could be a hormonal issue, or something else, who knows. But was wondering if other adrenergic fibbers have found they have a common attack time period.
Nancy
Re: Adrenergic Fibrillation -More common any particular time of day?
December 24, 2012 09:46AM
Nancy - I was a mixed afibber… but tended to be mostly vagal…however on occasion, I’d have a late afternoon event. I learned eventually that it related to two things… hypoglycemia from running out of fuel during a grueling work schedule…and not enough sustaining food at lunch to carry through to the evening meal at 6 – 7. I worked by appointments and often there was no time to grab a snack. The race against the clock hour after hour was another contributor to stress. Eventually, this resolved by meal and snack management and retiring much earlier than intended. This did not, however, prevent the events during sleep…only the optimizing of electrolytes (Essential Trio) did that and I used at least 3,000 mg taurine daily.... and watching the potassium-to-sodium ratio.

If you aren't supplementing with taurine, you might give it consideration. Taurine is useful for those in sympathetic tone.

See the post on Taurine that I just added...review of past info.

Jackie
Re: Adrenergic Fibrillation -More common any particular time of day?
December 24, 2012 08:19PM
I am mixed, but mainly adrenergic. Had LAF for 9 months before ablation. No special time of day - I would just go into AF every time I exerted myself or had an animated conversation, or got stressed.

No afib since ablation 9 wks ago.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/26/2012 07:38AM by gehauser.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login