Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

klor con 8 mEq

Posted by Chukker 
klor con 8 mEq
December 05, 2012 08:52PM
Anyone familiar with the product? Would it be appropriate for an A Fibber?

Klor-Con® (potassium chloride) Extended-release Tablets, USP are a solid oral dosage form of potassium chloride. Each contains 600 mg of potassium chloride equivalent to 8 mEq of potassium in a wax matrix tablet. This formulation is intended to provide an extended-release of potassium from the matrix to minimize the likelihood of producing high, localized concentrations of potassium within the gastrointestinal tract.

Klor-Con® (potassium chloride) Extended-release Tablets are an electrolyte replenisher. The chemical name is potassium chloride, and the structural formula is KCl. Potassium chloride, USP is a white, granular powder or colorless crystals. It is odorless and has a saline taste. Its solutions are neutral to litmus. It is freely soluble in water and insoluble in alcohol.

Inactive Ingredients: Castor oil, hydrogenated vegetable oil, hydroxypropyl cellulose, hypromellose 2910, magnesium stearate, polyethylene glycol 3350, propylene glycol, silicon dioxide and titanium dioxide. Yellow tablets also contain D&C Yellow No. 10 aluminum lake and FD&C Yellow No. 6 aluminum lake. Blue tablets also contain FD&C Blue No. 1 aluminum lake. The tablets are imprinted using a pharmaceutical ink.

Thanks,
Chuck
Re: klor con 8 mEq
December 06, 2012 02:02PM
Chuck - I have no personal experience with that product... as I use the powdered potassium gluconate form from NOW brands that Hans has offered at the iHerb website... inexpensive and easy to use.

The first caveat is that potassium chloride has the reputation for being irritating to the stomach, just so you are aware.

Another reason for not using Klor-Con the list of added chemicals that are unessential to body function... especiall the PEG, propylene glycol and all the artificial chemical food colorings.

This is just a head's up because all those extra additives might cause problems for you. If you are not famiiliar with the iHerb website... go to the top of this page and click on the Vitamin Shop yellow box which will take you right into Hans' introduction to ordering.

Jackie
Re: klor con 8 mEq
December 07, 2012 07:26AM
Thanks Jackie. I currently take potassium gluconate. When I told my GP she suggested the Klor-Con. Maybe because of the slow release? I don't have a problem with what I am taking so I will stick with it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login