Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

AF Symposium Boston January 2013

Posted by afhound99 
AF Symposium Boston January 2013
December 03, 2012 09:59PM
Thought folks might be interested in the agenda. Dr. Natale is talking on "What Do You Ablate in Patients with Late Recurrence and Complete Isolation of the Pulmonary Veins?" - many other EP luminaries seem to be attending

[www.afsymposium.com]
Re: AF Symposium Boston January 2013
December 03, 2012 11:59PM
He's back........I was told he's got more exciting news a few months ago....let's see

Is PV Isolation Necessary for Successful Ablation of PAF?
Sanjiv Narayan, MD, PhD

Are Rotors the Predominant Mechanism in All Patients with AF? Implications for Catheter Ablation
Sanjiv Narayan, MD, PhD

Vivek Reddy is also doing a few presentations.....
December 04, 2012 10:26AM
Dr Jais, Dr Reddy, Dr Haissaguerre also in attendance, along with several of the Mass General Hospital/Harvard Medical school faculty and others from EP World.
December 05, 2012 07:39AM
I will be interested to hear what Prof. Haissaguerre says about long term outcomes for ablation for persistent AF.

Gill (coming up for 10 years nsr in January)
December 05, 2012 08:05AM
How does a member of the general public attend the symposium. I would be happy to attend and take notes

Steve
December 05, 2012 09:08AM
Looks like it costs $900-$1000 - there's an email address for enquiries on the registration page

[www.afsymposium.com]
December 09, 2012 10:43PM
Is this the Dr. Reddy from Mt. Sinai hospital? My Cardiologist recommended him as someone to seriously consider for an ablation. Has anyone on here had an ablation by him?

Barb
December 10, 2012 12:44AM
Reddy would be fine if he doesn't try to talk you into doing a medical device trial.
December 10, 2012 08:03PM
I assume this is going to be the basis of Dr Natale's talk at the Symposium :-

Current Opinion in Cardiology:
January 2013 - Volume 28 - Issue 1 - p 26–35

[journals.lww.com]

How to ablate long-standing persistent atrial fibrillation?

Di Biase, Luigia,b,c,d; Santangeli, Pasqualea,c; Natale, Andreaa,b,e,f,g

Abstract

Purpose of review: Long-standing persistent (LSP) atrial fibrillation is the most challenging arrhythmia to treat. Catheter ablation of atrial fibrillation has reached satisfactory results for the long-term treatment of paroxysmal atrial fibrillation, but not for the treatment of LSP atrial fibrillation. Several approaches with various outcomes have been described in the literature. The purpose of this review is to summarize the ablation approach that we developed at our institution.

Recent findings: During ablation of LSP atrial fibrillation, in addition to pulmonary vein antrum and posterior wall isolation, ablation of nonpulmonary vein triggers disclosed by high dosage of isoproterenol seems to be of utmost importance to achieve long-term success after a single procedure. The location of the nonpulmonary vein triggers includes the coronary sinus, the anterior part of the septum, the left atrial appendage and the superior vena cava. Termination of atrial fibrillation during ablation does not seem to influence the outcome. Increasing radiofrequency power from 30 up to 45 W seems an important factor to favour durable lesions.

Summary: The approach described in this review will guide the reader to what we believe is the best approach for the ablation of patients with LSP atrial fibrillation.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2012 08:04PM by afhound99.
December 12, 2012 07:56AM
Barb Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Is this the Dr. Reddy from Mt. Sinai hospital? My
> Cardiologist recommended him as someone to
> seriously consider for an ablation. Has anyone on
> here had an ablation by him?
>
> Barb

Yes he's involved in many investigational studies but like researcher said stick with the gold standard for now RF. though I would be willing to have him perform a FIRM ablation on me.
January 08, 2013 09:18PM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login