Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

AFib and insomnia

Posted by Diane98683 
AFib and insomnia
November 18, 2012 12:36AM
Maybe this is obvious to people, but when I had unconrolled AFib, I also slept very poorly and was always tired. Then, after going on Flecainide and it controlling the AFib, I've been sleeping soundly and waking up refreshed. Last week I had one severe AFib episode, due to having missed my morning dose of Flecainide, which started at around 5pm, and lasted through late morning the following day (it stopped about 2 hours after I had my morning Flecainide dose), and that night I barely slept at all. I now know that I can't be missing Flecainide doses, since I had that one very bad experience from missing one (although I missed other morning doses with no ill effects).

What's interesting was that the Afib started without warning (I wasn't having ectopics or anything beforehand). It started when I was doing my workout, and started while I was doing a 1-minute jump rope (and I was feeling really strong and jumping really fast when it started).

I would expect it is common to have insomnia while in AFib.
Re: AFib and insomnia
November 18, 2012 08:02AM
Same pattern here.

Before my ablation last month, I had severe insomnia. After the ablation, I am sleeping like a baby, and like you, I am much more refreshed the next morning.
Re: AFib and insomnia
November 20, 2012 01:04PM
Agree with ya, Diane.

That's great news, G!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login