Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Exercise after Ablation

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Exercise after Ablation
November 09, 2012 02:02PM
I had an ablation in 2008 and so far i have had 3 break throughs and used the pip method and it went back into rhythm.
I am 66 and blood pressure and weight are good. My main hobby is golf which i take a cart and i do walk about 4 times a week for about 40 mins.
However if i go to the gym and get on the exercise bike and stuff i feel like shit after and not sure if i have skipped beats or not.
Am i expecting too much should I continue my walking and some light weights with my golf because of my age. I have not pushed myself because i still
suffer from anxiety over the aftib that i had even though abaltion at penn was a decent success Please like to hear some ideas thanks Steve
Re: Exercise after Ablation
November 09, 2012 03:30PM
Hi Steve - I have some ideas that may help you.... I sent you a Private Message so be sure to check the link at the UR box.

Jackie
MichaelS
November 10, 2012 07:39AM
Steve, I've read accounts from different people that exercise either triggers afib or NSR. I just had an ablation on October 30th and haven't exercised yet but last year when I was in Tikosyn, I would occasionally go into afib and a weight training session at the gym would bring me back to NSR almost every time.
November 10, 2012 10:47AM
I waited 3 weeks since ablation and started the exercize bike again just today. I can't tell any difference between what I was able to do (resistance, endurance) prior to ablation and what it is now. Exercize wasn't often the cause of the PAF before though.
November 10, 2012 01:57PM
Steve,

You may wish to take a look at my post-ablation care protocol [afibbers.org]. It will explain why heavy exercise after an ablation is not a good idea.

Hans
Denver
November 12, 2012 11:43PM
24/7 uncontrolled rhythm afib August 2004. Ablation August 2005. NSR since, No AFib meds except aspirin since. Turned 73yo last week.

Bicycle 3,000 miles per year, swim 4 hours per week, walk a lot, do a whole routine of weight lifting and stretching. Sing in a gospel group all over the state of Colorado, 100's of performances.

This is how I want to live my life and why I had the ablation with Natale.
Anonymous User
November 13, 2012 05:14PM
Denver wow thats great. My problem denver is my worrisome personality. I worry about one little thing after another. Well that is the way i am wired. Good luck to you Denver
Denver
November 13, 2012 11:58PM
Stevebo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Denver wow thats great. My problem denver is my
> worrisome personality. I worry about one little
> thing after another. Well that is the way i am
> wired. Good luck to you Denver

I don't happen to be a worrier. I am an action person. We are all wired differently. Good luck toyou, also.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login