Serving Afibbers worldwide since 1999
Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Success for 7 months after supplements and acupuncture

Posted by Jackl 
I am a 68 year old male. I had my first afib episode in September, 2011. It was bad and I ended up in the hospital. I was put on beta blockers for rate control and full strength aspirin for clot avoidance. More afib. Afib for 9 days straight. I was put on anti-arrythmics. They worked for a month and then stopped working. I stopped the anti-arrythmics and discovered this site. I started taking magnesium, cut back drastically on calcium (I have osteoporosis and was taking quite a lot) and started getting acupuncture every 3 weeks or so. I have been afib free for 7 months. I continued taking a small dose of the beta blocker (25mg atenolol) and aspirin for now. I don't really know what has been the major cause of my relief, and I don't care. Happiness is Normal Sinus Rhythm!
Amen to that, Jackl
Keep it up!
Phyllis
Re: Success for 7 months after supplements and acupuncture
October 29, 2012 09:25AM
I hope it keeps up. I thought I had found a supplement way last year - worked for 6 months but then it came back with a vengeance.
October 29, 2012 01:26PM
Congratulations Jack!

I would be surprised if acupuncture did not have a lot to do with your success, particularly if your acupuncturist was higly trained (preferblay in China) and had lots of experience. I have been working with a Chinese MD and I am just amazed what he can do. He is basically able to adjust the autonomic nervous system at will. If you are too vagal he can reduce that and increase adrenergic tone and if you are too adrenergic he can fix that too. Works really well for ectopics. For a success story on the use of acupuncture click here [www.afibbers.org]

Hans
October 29, 2012 03:30PM
I recall reading on this Forum an acupuncture protocol for treating Afib, but have searched the Forum, the Conference Room, and Afib Resouces, and have not found it. Does anyone remember seeing this protocol, or know where it is?

Thanks! Louise
October 29, 2012 03:36PM
Louise,

You can find the protocol in the afibbers.com database [www.afibbers.com]. Just type acupuncture in the search box that appears when you click on afib database.

I don't think this particular protocol would work well for vagal afibbers as it tends to increase parasympathetic dominance. However, it should work well for adrenergic afibbers and perhaps for some mixed ones as well.

Hans

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/2012 04:19PM by Hans Larsen.
October 29, 2012 07:10PM
Thank you, Hans!

Louise
October 30, 2012 12:54PM
Hi jackl,
Have you been to see your acupuncturist for 7 months, is it on going.
What does this treatment cost? Do you have medical insurance to pay for it?
-Colin
October 30, 2012 07:19PM
Fellow Afibbers,

I agree with Hans that acupuncture can tune the body. Andrenergically/Vagally... I don't know but it was calming to
me and my heart. It converted me numerous times over 3 years. I have had hundreds of appts costing 10's of thousands
of dollars. I continued treatments because I was so symptomatic. I got some relief from the needling.
My Aflutter has progressed however and I can't say that acupuncture is the solution to atrial fibrillation.
I agree that a very experienced, Chinese trained doctor is the best bet. In my case he addressed underlying conditions of "metabolism" and "Liver". Yet, those problems remain today, in spite of all the treatments. In retrospect, that counts as a fail to me regarding the efficacy of acupuncture. Still, I will continue to see him because as Hans said, they can do things that the M.D.'s cannot in subtle pathways.
The protocol Hans posted converted me on one occasion when pip meds had failed... and never again! The protocol was news to my DCM even though he had researched afib.

John C.
Milleniaman,

You posted in the Conference Room about a month ago that you had transitioned from persistent AF to NSR after the use of enzymes. How's that going? Is that still the case? If you are still afibbing intermittently, can you regularly transition to NSR with enzymes? ie, in general, does it seem to be a useful tool for you (and maybe others)?
November 01, 2012 01:32AM
Hi Ian

I finally did respond to your reminders via the conference room. Please see that for details. If I haven't answered your questions please repost them.

John
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login