Posted by researcher 
changing role of rhythm control medicines
August 17, 2012 01:28PM
Featured editorial on Heartwire.

[blogs.theheart.org]
Alexandra
Re: changing role of rhythm control medicines
August 17, 2012 05:37PM
One of the good things about having AF is that it is so easy to access the dynamic discussions the professionals are having about it. I find I can even understand a lot of what they are saying.
August 18, 2012 04:04AM
I read this this morning staying the course with Flec.
Anonymous User
August 18, 2012 09:46AM
Repeated for emphasis :"The first thing an outside observer would notice is how poorly these drugs work—in less than half the cases."

Peggy M
August 18, 2012 03:04PM
A recent study, I believe quoted in one of the recent issues of the aFib report (sign up guys and gals!) indicated that TIKOSYN, if tolerated, was the No. 1 choice in antiarrhythmic medications for effectiveness. For longivity of effectiveness, I noted that there was a finite length of service for that drug and it varied between patients.

If TIKOSYN (dofetilide) stops working for me and I am still not a candidate for ablation, I will be researching the latest info on alternative antiarrhythmic drugs or may stay with simple rate control.... don't know, but I know that I want to get and stay in NSR and get my LA shrunk to under 54 and preferably into the 40's in terms of size (mm).

BTW, Dr. V. said that 40'ish is normal and that he sees the highest success rates with a normal sized left atrium.

I'd love to kiss the drugs goodbye and have NSR. It is a battle; an uphill battle, that each of us seems to be fighting.

Murray L

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tikosyn uptake Dec 2011 500ug b.i.d. NSR since!
Herein lies opinion, not professional advice, which all are well advised to seek.
Elizabeth H.
August 18, 2012 05:42PM
I am a vagal affiber, so my EP suggested I take one tab. of Propafenone at night (150mg.), this is in addition to taking magnesium, eating fresh fruits and vegetables, a good diet, has kept me pretty much in normal SR. I do get afit once every 3 months, more or less, lasting around 12 hours, I am able to tolerate it. I have been on this regime for about 5 years, the propafenone works for me.

Liz
August 20, 2012 03:43AM
The key is to find out what works for ourselves. Some of that is this, some that. Many of us have been on more than one AAD. Some of us none. Some of find that "this" supplement worked and some find that it was "that".

I think it is awesome that this site exists so that we can tell each other this very thing.

Thank you, Hans!

lisa

So much of medicine is looking solely down the wrong end of the gun barrel, and that is really a pity for all of us---Shannon
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login