Beginning at the beginning to understand why this WW hoopla:

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Beginning at the beginning to understand why this WW hoopla:
April 14, 2012 12:28AM
The Sidney Morning Herald April 9 2002

Peter Bowers on the clues that led to The water
By Peter Bowers

The clues were as deeply puzzling as they were fragmented, scattered across the Australian landscape like signposts to nowhere.

The first lead came, improbably, from the echidna, the nosey little wanderer whose image appears on our five cent coin. It was living twice as long as it should. Why?

And what was going on inside the tiny brown bat, that weighs just 12 grams? This Australian bat was staying alive for up to 20 years in shattering defiance of the longevity theory that says the smaller the animal the sooner it dies.Why?

The third lead was both obvious and obscure. The marvellously feisty old cows and sheep found on some grazing properties on the Monaro high plains in south-east NSW, were there for all to see – in the flesh and in stud records. They were living 50 per cent beyond their normal life span, and longer. There’s something in the spring water, old folk muttered down the generations. But no-one really knew.

If these three disparate clues could be linked to a common event then doors might start opening to ways of enhancing and extending the human life span. The wizardry of nature as applied to human longevity has stolen half the life of Dr Russell Beckett. Bachelor of Veterinary Science with Honours, Master of Science, a PhD in Pathology, representing in all, 15 years’ grind at Sydney University.

The shy scientist’s specialty and passion is biochemistry which covers the micro-cellular forces that drive our bodies and keep us alive. The wrecker of healthy cells and harbinger of disease, states Beckett, is acid in the form of carbon dioxide carried in the blood circulating through our bodies. If body cells could be buffered (insulated) against the corrosive effect of acid then the possibility of extending the human life span was within scientific reach, Beckett reasoned as a young vet. A generation on, he now asserts that scientific reach has shortened to hands-on reality.

"The first successful step in the quest to delay the aging process" is the riveting title of a scientific paper Russ Beckett has written on the subject of human aging.

"It is a cultural habit," Beckett writes, "that people accept aging, degenerative diseases and death as inevitable consequences of life.

"People grow old, suffer from degenerative diseases and die because of a lack of knowledge in relation to the prevention of aging and disease processes. Many gerontologists hold the view that aging, degenerative diseases and death are not inevitable.

"Modern medical research also has shown repeatedly that some communities live longer and healthier lives than others.The lifestyles of these people and the environments in which they live help to prevent carbon dioxide and acid concentrations from contributing to body cell degeneration, aging and disease.

"There is a library of scientific knowledge that communities which drink hard (mineral rich) water tend to live longer than communities which drink soft (mineral free) water". Beckett was prepared to invest a lot of years finding out why. The enemy was acid attacking the body’s cells and in his quiet, determined way he declared war on it.

This, essentially, is Beckett’s thesis: From the perspective of real health-care, it is important to minimise the damaging effects of excess carbon dioxide and acid concentrations in the human body. It is ideal preventive medicine. Degenerative diseases are prevented and the aging process is delayed. A healthy and energetic life can be maintained. An ethical and intelligent solution has been found to the physical risks and the mental anguish of old age.The first successful step has been achieved in the quest to delay the aging process. (continue: [www.smh.com.au] )

====================

This led to Non Pharmaceutical Health Care and Unique Water [web.archive.org]

It is our hypothesis that it is the maintenance of optimal thermodynamic conditions in the body that assists in preventing degenerative diseases and slowing the ageing process. Failure to maintain optimal thermodynamic conditions leads to failure of cell homeostasis and failure of intracellular concentration gradients. These failures contribute to, if not initiate, cell death and the general processes of ageing and degenerative disease. Non Pharmaceutical Health Care, and the research companies and scientists associated with it, are conducting research within the best scientific standards of modern mainstream medicine in a quest to maintain health, to prevent disease and to slow the aging process.

====================

The rest, as they say, is the history of alkaline magnesium bicarbonate WW, essentially identical to Unique Water:

Step 1. Chill to refrigerator temperature a 1 (or 2) liter bottle of carbonated water consisting of water and carbon dioxide (CO2) sometimes called Seltzer.

Step 2. Shake well a bottle of plain Milk of Magnesia (MoM), then measure out 3 tbsp* (6 tbsp for 2 liters). The plastic measuring cup that comes with the MoM is accurate and ideal for the purpose. Use only plain MoM without flavorings, sweeteners, mineral oil, or other additives. The "active ingredient" should be only magnesium hydroxide, 400 mg per teaspoon (5 ml), and the "inactive ingredient" should be only water (check the label). (3 tablespoons (45 ml) of MoM has 1,500 mg of Mg from 3,600 mg Mg hydroxide*)

*Alternatively use 3,600 mg Mg hydroxide powder (pharmaceutical grade) a bit less than 1 tsp (1 tsp = ~4,100 mg).

Step 3. Making concentrated magnesium bicarbonate water: Remove the cap of the chilled bottle of carbonated water slowly to minimize loss of CO2. Pour out a few inches into a glass and save it. Pour in the pre-measured MoM and replace as much as possible of the saved carbonated water. Replace the cap tightly. and shake the bottle vigorously making the liquid cloudy. After 1/2 hour or so the liquid will have cleared, and un-dissolved Mg hydroxide will have settled to the bottom. Again shake the bottle vigorously making the liquid cloudy again. After several hours (up to 24?) all of the Mg hydroxide in the MoM will have reacted with the CO2 to become dissolved ionized magnesium (Mg++) and bicarbonate (HCO3-). If a small amount of un-dissolved Mg hydroxide remains as a sediment ignore it. One liter of this concentrated magnesium bicarbonate water will have 1,500 mg of magnesium and 7,500 mg of bicarbonate. Diluting this concentrate 11 to 1 makes it essentially identical to Unique Water..

Step 4. Making WW essentially identical to Unique Water: Dilute the concentrate 11 to 1 with plain water.
-- Example: 1 oz. concentrate + 11 oz. water = 12 oz. WW, which is a bit more than 1/3 liter or 1/3 quart.
-- Example: 3 oz. concentrate + 33 oz. water = 36 oz. WW, which is a bit more than 1 liter (34 oz) or 1 quart (32 oz.).

====================

Ideal consumption: 2 liters (2 quarts) per day providing 250 mg magnesium and 1,500 mg bicarbonate.
See: How best to consume Unique Water? [web.archive.org]
"If you are not in the habit of drinking water, you should commence by consuming small amounts of water daily until your body adapts. Take at least a month to reach the water consumption of two litres per day recommended by health experts. Unique Water is best consumed at regular intervals throughout the day between meals on an empty stomach."

====================

WW analysis:
Magnesium 125 mg/L (calculated)
Bicarbonate 751 mg/L (Evergreen Analytical Labs, Wheatridge, Colorado, Dec 5, '02)
pH 8.63 (Evergreen Analytical Labs, Dec 5, '02)

WW cost: about 7 cents per liter / quart

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2012 08:39AM by Erling.
Janet
Waller Water
April 14, 2012 06:24PM
We cant get milk of Magnesia in New Zealand, is there any other way to make Waller Water?
Anonymous User
Re: Waller Water
April 14, 2012 07:51PM
Janet,

Actually, the best way to make WW is with powdered magnesium hydroxide, rather than the suspension of magnesium hydroxide called MoM. Use 3,600 mg powder per liter carbonated water in place of 3 tablespoons MoM. For best accuracy use a digital gram scale.

3,600 mg powder is a bit less than 1 teaspoon (1 tsp = 4,147 mg according to [purebulk.com] )

Ask a compounding pharmacist for pharmaceutical grade Mg hydroxide powder, or locate a supplier on the web.

Erling.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2012 09:41AM by Erling.
Janet
April 15, 2012 01:42AM
Thanks Erling
How much of this should I drink a day and is it instead of magnesium tablets or as well as?
Anonymous User
April 15, 2012 10:28AM
Hi Janet,

The recommended ideal consumption of Unique Water, hence WW, is 2 liters (2 quarts) per day, which provides 250 mg Mg per day. You should reduce the amount from tablets by the same amount and see how it goes -- magnesium from WW is possibly more "bio-available" than from the tablets. It's best to follow the recommendations at Non Pharmaceutical Health Care and Unique Water: How best to consume Unique Water? [web.archive.org] From there you can link to a huge amount of relevant information and references.

Please let us know how this works out, and be sure to ask if any questions.

Have fun, and be well !

Erling.
Anonymous User
April 16, 2012 10:17AM
Janet,

It was much too fussy to suggest "for best accuracy use a digital gram scale", because you really can't go wrong -- the process is naturally self-regulating as long as one uses at least enough powder to react with all of the CO2. Here's why: the number of CO2 molecules in the carbonated water determine one-for-one how many HCO3 (bicarbonate) molecules will be formed. Any excess Mg hydroxide molecules will settle to the bottom of the bottle as sediment to be ignored.

So, you'll know directly if a bit less than 1 teaspoon of powder is enough for one liter of CO2 water. If there's no sediment, next time use a bit more powder. I'll soon be switching to powder and will let you know what I find out.

Erling.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2012 05:31PM by Erling.
Hi Erling,

A question for you - maybe a bit simplistic, but what percentage would you attribute WW to your own resounding success in tackling AF??

Stay well,

Mike F.
Re: Beginning at the beginning to understand why this WW hoopla:
April 17, 2012 07:00PM
Hi Mike,

If you have not read Erling's "Journey" to NSR you may wish to do so. You can find it here [www.afibbers.org]

Hans
Hi Mike, sorry to be late. Always good to hear from you! - I hope you're doing excellent well!

Thanks for your question - it's important and a good reason to brag about Dr. Russell Beckett and his Unique Water that inspired identical WW in late '02. I was fortunate to have kicked the nasty 7 year AF habit a year earlier when only tableted magnesium was available, so WW played no role in that, but for over nne years WW has been my principal source of magnesium beside food. Ever since the magnesium deficiency was resolved it's been easy to maintain cellular Mg sufficiency. using magnesium bicarbonate WW. The alkaline bicarbonate has probably been as important as the magnesium.

I've become pretty well convinced that having bicarbonate ions accompany magnesium ions is the best way to get both into the cells. In his patent Beckett has this: (see [www.afibbers.org] )
"The advantages of the aqueous neutral to mildly alkaline metal bicarbonate solution of the invention are that the magnesium cations function as bicarbonate transporters into body cells. Magnesium bicarbonate enters body cells and the bicarbonate anions function to displace from equilibrium the dissociation reaction of intracellular carbonic acid. ... the bicarbonate anions function as an intracellular proton sink (or proton scavenger). ... the bicarbonate anions function to displace from equilibrium the hydration reaction of carbon dioxide which is catalysed by the enzyme carbonic anhydrase."

Now it's a matter of tying the ends of this ten year story to show the immense importance of Bekett's science and alkaline magnesium bicarbonate water.

Hope you've read all of the above 2002 story: Peter Bowers on the clues that led to the water. All this is science at its finest, especially when considering its ethical foundation.

Be well, Mike! Erling.

PS - For full background the entire 2001 Non Pharmaceutical Health Care website could be studied.

Non Pharmaceutical Health Care, and the research companies and scientists associated with it, are conducting research within the best scientific standards of modern mainstream medicine in a quest to maintain health, to prevent disease and to slow the ageing process. [web.archive.org]

Mission Statement [web.archive.org]

There are things in life
that give us the capacity to overcome ignorance
and the encouragement to persevere.

-- Non Pharmaceutical Health Care is a subsidiary of the Monareau Project. It is centred around an academic research group based in Australia.
-- The goal of Non Pharmaceutical Health Care is to offer its intellectual capital in the service of people and thus contribute to an original, ethical and socially responsible approach to thinking, knowledge, education and science.
-- Non Pharmaceutical Health Care envisions that all its activities are an expression of joy and curiosity.
-- All projects and ventures conducted and/or supported by Non Pharmaceutical Health Care derive from a concern for people and life in general.
-- Non Pharmaceutical Health Care encourages original and innovative thinking and initiatives. With this purpose in mind, Non Pharmaceutical Health Care provides and engages in a diversity of forums created with the aim to promote creative communication and exchange.
-- Non Pharmaceutical Health Care is involved in original, responsible and ethical research and in intellectual, educational and community projects. Therefore a significant proportion of its potentially income-generating activities will be directed toward these goals.
-- No product, project or venture conducted and/or supported by Non Pharmaceutical Health Care will require or involve laboratory animal cruelty, vivisection or the exploitation of human and other animal embryos.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/2012 01:29PM by Erling.
Hi Hans,

Thanks for bringing up "my story" that you helped compose ten years ago. Puzzling over that good fortune ever since has provided important answers to the 3 good questions that were necessarily left hanging:

1. What changed within me to cause afib to arrive in my life at age 67? What changed was less magnesium, more calcium, and fluoride from consuming Denver, Colorado water for ten years. "What's in your water?" is a fundamental question that anyone with AF should determine.

2. What would change within me to initiate an episode? Slight lowering of already borderline low cell voltage would do it. This might be caused by a dietary shift or indiscretion, such as too much salty pizza.

3. What would change within me to terminate an episode? Increased cell voltage. It doesn't take much to beneficially alter electrolyte fluxes.

In light of this current focus on alkaline/ acid and how that affects cell voltage, it's interesting that I thought beer might be a cause and so I stopped. Being carbonated and slightly acidic, beer could easily have upset a delicate voltage balance. Nine years later I'm enjoying a glass or two (or three) in the afternoon before dinner, and it never causes the slightest wiggle in NSR. Dr. Beckett's science which led to the water Jackie nicknamed WW has been amazing for me. In all these nine years of consuming WW as my principal source of magnesium I have never reduced its pH. Doing so would turn alkaline bicarbonate back into CO2. The effectiveness of WW as cellular acid reducer and magnesium transporter is due to its alkaline pH.

Erling.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2012 11:05PM by Erling.
Re: Beginning at the beginning to understand why this WW hoopla:
April 21, 2012 10:33AM
Thanks, Erling, for this extensive history. The health and healing benefits of alkaline water cannot be over-emphasized.

This is a reminder to me that the observational report, The Strategy, needs to be revised because I neglected to include my daily practice of drinking the alkaline WW which obviously contributed to my success in eliminating the need for a second ablation. It’s become such a habit I totally forgot which seems inexcusable. In hindsight, since I was so close to not needing the first procedure, had I focused more on alkalinity (voltage), undoubtedly I could have also avoided the initial procedure as well.

A recent interview with Jerry Tennant, MD (Healing is Voltage) included a segment on the importance of drinking alkaline water …not only extremely beneficial for afibbers but everyone, including animals, as your historical account documents. Quotes and clips follow.

With the homemade version of the alkaline water we call WW (magnesium bicarbonate water), one point needs clarification and that has to do with the deviation from the original WW recipe. Years ago, when we introduced WW, Dr. Chambers (PC) recommended adding lemon juice to reduce the alkalinity. Initially, I had thought that seemed reasonable, but soon stopped because the chemistry didn’t make sense as you have pointed out.

There is no need to adjust the original WW formula.
In fact you should not… nor is there a need to avoid using it along with meals as explained by Dr. Tennant.

In a separate thread, I’ll soon post more clips from the Dr. Tennant interview because the information is note-worthy for afibbers and highly beneficial for everyone. Most of the information is covered in his handbook.

If we all pay attention to the basics of Dr. Tennant’s advice, we can stay healthy or regain health by understanding and applying the principles of cellular voltage and pH to maintain an appropriate level that supports health.

Jackie

February 2012 Interview Quotes

All chronic illness is defined by having low voltage and by the ability to make new cells that work. If we have inadequate exercise so muscles are running at low voltage, we drink only electron stealers such as coffee, black tea (not green tea), alcohol and acidic water, we are basically going to go around with low voltage and not be able to make new cells.
Jerry Tennant, MD.

Cells are 70% water.

In a solution such as water, you can have an electron donor (excess electrons in solution) and electron stealers (looking for electrons). To measure pH, a sophisticated volt meter tells voltage in millivolts but also tells whether the solution is an electron donor or stealer.

Cells are designed to run at a narrow pH range 7.35 – 7.45. Potential hydrogen (pH) is a measurement of voltage in a solution and it is also a measurement of acidity or alkalinity.

(A pH range of 7.35 is synonymous with a voltage of -20mV and 7.45, synonymous with -25mV.)

If an electron donor, you put a minus sign in front of the voltage and plus sign for a stealer. If you have +400 mV of electron stealer converted to logarithmic scale called pH it is zero (0) If it is – 400 mV of electron donor, that’s a pH of 14. If neutral, it is pH of 7.0. So basically this 0 – 14 range is simply telling the voltage of the solution you’re interested in.

Sometimes people get confused because if you measure voltage across a cell membrane, it can get as high as -90mV which is the differential between the inside and outside of cells but the environment in which cells are designed to run is about -20mV to -25mV as cell biology texts tell us.

We generally don’t get well by taking new cells that don’t work and making them work correctly. In addition, we maintain our health when cells wear out by making new cells.

We can only get well and stay well by making new cells. Illness is a manifestation of the inability to make new cells that work and it requires minus 50 mV to make new cells. (or a pH of 7.88)

So when your voltage is low and you can’t get up to -50 mV, then you are stuck in chronic disease.

Moderator Question… What impedes someone from achieving that negative 50 mV and have healing?

A. The question then is “What does it take to make new cells?”
One is voltage and the other is all of the other raw materials. The inside of the cell is made of proteins that you’ve made from amino acids, the outside of the cell is made of fat, and then you need vitamins and minerals to make it work.

So you must look at the look at the voltage piece and ask the question, “Why didn’t I have enough voltage (alkalinity) to prevent me from getting sick?”

The most important controller of voltage is thyroid hormone. (discussed in the upcoming new thread)

Moderator: Is thyroid hormone the only governor or regulator of cellular voltage phenomena or are there other factors?

A. There are others…one has to do with water. Since the cells are 70% water, then how much alkaline water is available to that person? This makes a big difference in what’s going on with the voltage.

The majority of things people drink in this country are electron stealers rather than electron donors. I think people underestimate the power of alkaline water.

In the body, the tissue that has the least resistance or impedance to the flow of electrons is fibrous tissue (fascia) and it serves two functions. It is structural, as we know, and it is also acting like a copper wire in moving electrons from place to place.

It turns out that the acupuncture system is simply the fascial planes of the body. The fascia are electrical semi-conductors which means they move electrons in a big hurry but only in one direction. So if you want to measure voltage in the body, you simply tap into the appropriate acupuncture “wire” (meridian) to measure the voltage in the organ.

A variety of methods have been developed to do that. Nagatani was the first; then Voll, the following year - two primary methods. I personally use the measurement mode in my Biomodulator which is about the size of a computer mouse that has electrodes on the back and controls on the front so you can simply put it in measurement mode and tap into the appropriate wire and measure what’s at the other end of it. Then if you like, you can switch into the therapy mode and deliver electrons through that same wire (meridian) and watch the voltage rise in that organ.

The ability to measure voltage in organs has been a great improvement for me to figure out what is going on and a specific cause.

Voltage drops before labs go South and labs get bad before people have symptoms so the voltage is the early warning sign telling you that something is about to go bad if it hasn’t already because you don’t have the ability to make new cells in that system.

Stomach acid is also important and is another influence of what’s going on in the body since it affects the voltage and many other things as well.

A point on stomach acid.
People don’t often understand what happens when you drink alkaline water. They say, ”If I drink alkaline water, it will just dilute my stomach acid and make my digestion worse,” but that’s not the way it works at all.

Whenever anything goes into the stomach, if you have the ability to make adequate amounts of stomach acid, your stomach acid will go to a pH of 2. So if I put alkaline water in my stomach, I’m going to make a whole lot more stomach acid in order to get down to the pH of 2.

It’s important to recognize that every time you make a molecule of hydrochloric acid, you simultaneously put a molecule of sodium bicarbonate out into the blood and that’s the way that the blood gets more alkaline and has more electrons.

If I put a coca cola in my stomach, then I don’t have to make as much hydrochloric acid to get to a pH of 2 and therefore I get less sodium bicarbonate inserted into my blood (less alkalinity). This is one of the reasons why it’s important to drink the alkaline water.

Q. You are talking about the Kangen units that make alkaline water? You think they are beneficial for most individuals?

A. Absolutely. Drinking alkaline water is one of the great ways to raise your voltage since the cells are 70% water so you need the water plus you need the voltage because the switch that opens the channel in a cell membrane that allows water to go in is controlled by voltage.

If you do a BIA on them (Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis), you’ll find often times they have excess total body water, excess extracellular water, but they are intracellularly dehydrated because they don’t have the voltage to open the switch to let the water in.

That’s why people who have low voltage hate to drink water because they are already water-logged so they feel worse when they drink more water. All people with low voltage have that same problem.

Audience Q/A
Q When you talk about alkaline water, could you specify what pH you are talking about? I hear people using pHs that sound alarming to me like 9 or 10. I have tested pHs of water myself and I’ve never found a natural water that is above 7.5?

A. The advantage of the ability to measure the voltage tells you what’s going on. So if every single one of your bioterminals measured 5, I might really want to give you water with a pH of 9 to 10 for a short period of time and get as much voltage into you as I can. But as your voltage starts to normalize, if I keep giving you water that is that high in electron donor, pretty soon, I’m going to have your voltage too high because the body doesn’t like to run at high voltage any better than it does at low voltage. Just like your refrigerator, if I put 160 volts into it instead of 110, I’ll probably burn it up, won’t I?

So you are absolutely right that one needs to be able to monitor the body’s voltage so that you do not over-do it with the really high pH.

I remember a woman and her son who came in to my office who had self-adjusted their thyroids and every voltage I measured was over 50 mV and they felt terrible of course and were anxious all the time and had tachycardia. So again, I mention that you need the ability to measure and use it as a guide as to what is needed.

Q. So if someone is relatively healthy, what would be the pH that you would recommend for water for them?

A. Well, again, the body is designed to run at a pH of 7.3 – 7.4 so water that is just slightly above that – say you gave them 7.5 or even 8.0 will help maintain at the normal voltage. But the people who are running at the really low voltage are the ones that are incredibly helped by giving it higher. But, if you measure the voltage of most bottled water from the grocery store, often it will be running down in the area of 5.0 or so every time you drink it, it’s stealing electrons and you have to make those up from some place else.

This concludes the comments about alkaline water use. I’ll post notes from the rest of the interview in a new thread…
While Dr. Tennant doesn’t specifically address heart arrhythmias, it is not difficult to understand the cellular energy/voltage/alkalinity connection as he explains it. The thyroid hormone connection is a huge clue as is the dental infection involvement.

Continuing notes include:

>What does it take to make new cells?

>Thyroid hormone is an important controller of voltage.

>The importance of stomach acid – voltage interferences and low stomach acid

>Dental infections, root canals, dental implants & voltage interference

>Chronic Pain

>Auto-immune disorders…

>Age-related Macular Degeneration

Stay tuned.

Jackie
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login