Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Stetzer filters

Posted by Hans Larsen 
Hans Larsen
Stetzer filters
March 30, 2011 04:58AM
Has anybody tried or heard about using Stetzer filters for reducing electro-pollution in your home? Apparently, there is increasing concern that "dirty electricity" carried on house wiring is associated with palpitations and arrhythmias.

Hans

PeggyM
Re: Stetzer filters
March 30, 2011 05:45AM
Hans, can you tell me how the dirt adheres to all those electrons? This sounds to me like another one for the tinfoil hats.

signed, The Nasty Old Cynic
GeorgeN
March 30, 2011 06:01AM
[www.dirtyelectricity.org]
[www.electricalpollution.com]

So it appears that many devices in the home are culprits. If you can measure the "pollution," EMF would dissipate according to the inverse of the square of the distance. Therefore putting the source devices farther away from where you normally are would be the first order of business (i.e. away from where you sleep).

George
Hans Larsen
March 30, 2011 06:32AM
Hello Peggy,

You could well be correct, but I would like to find out more about this. Here is one reference:

[d1fj3024k72gdx.cloudfront.net]

You can use an inexpensive, portable AM radio to find out if your home is polluted. Tune it so that it is between two stations. If you get a loud hiss, you probably have a problem. Most common symptom is difficulty in falling and remaining asleep.

Hans

GeorgeN
March 30, 2011 07:36AM
Hans,

For someone who is sensitive, wouldn't a few days in the wilderness tell you if avoiding all power would potentially provide relief?

George
Gay
March 30, 2011 07:53AM
I was watching an English TV programme last night called 'The Wonders of the Universe' and - if I understood correctly, the hiss on the radio is the sound of the universe - but I may be wrong - it was very scientific.
Carol
March 30, 2011 09:07AM
Isn't the hiss or static supposed to be background radiation from the Big Bang?

Carol
Hans Larsen
March 30, 2011 10:40AM
George,

As I understand it the first symptom that disappears when escaping from electro-pollution is sleeplessness. This may disappear in a couple of days - a week at the most. However, to get relief from other symptoms, presumably including palpitations, may take considerably longer or the sensitivity may even have become permanent.

Hans
Hans Larsen
March 30, 2011 10:47AM
Gay and Carol,

The hiss attributable to the expanding universe is very faint indeed. The hiss from a polluted electrical system is anything but faint. The best way to check whethere your home and surroundings are polluted is by going to a quiet park or green space with no overhead wires, transformers, etc. in sight. Tune the portable, battery-powered AM receiver (available at RadioShack for under $20) to a point between two stations. Observe the strength of the hiss, leave the volume control untouched and then check the loudness of the hiss in your home. If it considerably louder than before then you likely have a problem with electro-pollution.

Hans
RalphL
March 31, 2011 12:55AM
There are many sources of EMI (electromagnetic interference). With an AM radio, you can find common sources in your home by bringing the radio close to the suspected appliance. Computers, CRT's, LCD,s, TV's, cell phones, wireless phones, digital alarm clocks, etc. All appliances must comply with FCC and CE reg's on emissions. Most of this EMI is very, very, low power and should not cause any problems unless you live directly under a broadcast or cell tower. Almost all of the "hiss" or static you hear on a radio originates from the Sun. We are approaching another period of sunspot maximum and there have been numerous flares and solar events over the last few weeks that have caused very powerful emissions. For more information regarding the subject, you can visit [www.spaceweather.com]. There was a post about a week ago with some interesting audio from an amateur radio astronomer. The static sounds like waves crashing on the shore.
Cheers,
Ralph.
JohnC
Re: Stetzer filters; grounding
April 01, 2011 01:25AM
Hi Hans,

I am interested in this aspect as well. The Stetzer filters are out of my price range. I have however, removed the ccfl bulbs which I was very fond of especially in the daylight range as I can't seem to get enough daylight sometimes. Ccfl's are very dirty as they cycle tens of thousands of times per second.
I noticed an immediate improvement in a reduction of my tension and increased productivity etc around my apartment. I also grounded myself in bed which is another way to approach the problem. On several occasions this has made the difference in quality of sleep, since I am in permanant a flutter at the moment.
I used to be more sensitive to EMF. So sensitive that I could tell if a tv was plugged in to the wall even though off. It can be a serious problem even at low ranges.

JohnC

Marian from Miami
April 01, 2011 03:19AM
John,

How did you ground yourself in the bed?

Marian
JohnC
April 01, 2011 05:52AM
Marian,
I had to run a wire out a window to the rod the utility company uses for an electrical ground. Then I wrapped the other end around my wrist for a night's sleep. It's a tested electrical ground. The easier option, using the ground slot on a power outlet, was not available in this older apartment where the jacks are not grounded. It may be time for me to invest in a strap or grounding sheet.
JohnC

Ian
April 01, 2011 02:21PM
John,
Does that mean that if anything, anywhere, which grounds out through the Utility's electrical ground, suffers a shorting-out to ground, or alternatively if there's a lightning strike, you'll be electrocuted to death?

I guess it depends upon whether you are lucky enough to complete the circuit!

JohnC
April 02, 2011 12:48AM
Ian,
Thats something to think about. The circuit has already been completed largely. In the case of lightning, you are connected with a very convenient resistor, the earth, which will attenuate the charge but your risk is real in this case I would say. If something shorts to ground, ground will have a slight potential until the circuit breaker or fuse blows or it burns up. In fact we normally have a potential on our person so that would be nothing new. Grounding eleminates this potential. That's the problem with EMF. Through the phenemon of electrical inductance, the currents surrounding us create a current within us. The body's own electrical system in the brain and the natural rhythms of the body will be affected by the current which can have frequencies that have very negative effects on our processes e.g. alpha waves in our brain.

John
John A
May 17, 2011 02:24PM
The Earthing Institue [www.earthinginstitute.net]
has some information along these lines. It makes fascinating reading, such as the article by Matteo Tavera and Grounding The Human Body to Neutralize Bioelectrical Stress From Static Electricity and EMFs. Steven Sinatra was my cardiologist briefly some time ago and wrote a book about Earthing recently. I use the grounding pad, really a sheet with fibers in bed to sleep. The book explains some are having positive results with their AF. Several of my 6 or so AF in past year were when I was not connected to the grounding sheet.

John A
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login