Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

cardiokinase-new improved nattokinase

Posted by Bill S 
Bill S
cardiokinase-new improved nattokinase
March 15, 2010 01:26AM
It seems that Hiroyuki Sumi, Ph.D and Ralph Holsworth, D.O. have a new and improved version of Nattokinase called Cardiokinase.
It is 200% stronger the the old NSK-SD™ version. They are using another unit of measure for potency (i.e. IU)

[www.pureprescriptions.com]

[cardiokinase.com]

This new version is the only one officially indorsed by Dr. Sumi.

Although I am not in afib. I have severe tricusped regurgitation so I am on 100mg(2000 FU)/tid of NSK-SD.
Adrian
Re: cardiokinase-new improved nattokinase
March 15, 2010 10:52AM
When will iherb have it?

Adrian
March 16, 2010 01:00AM
I'm a little perplexed, tending towards skeptical, as well as being dismayed at the price.

With the regular 2000FU/100mg Nattokinase, the recommended dose was 2x a day, and it cost about $24/month.

"Cardiokinase" is said to be more than 200% stronger, yet the recommended dose is 3x a day, and the cost is $75/month, more if you follow the label advice, "For best results, take additional softgel at bedtime."

--Lance
Bill S
March 16, 2010 06:21AM
I agree Lance, very puzzling.
Three cardiokinase(CK) softgels(300mg total) equals 25 IU but what is the equivilent FU's? I could double my dose of NSK-SD and still be cheaper.
Why would I need to do that if I'm protected with the recommended dose of 2000/FU tid.
A little unsettling since I'm trusting my clot free life to Nattokinase.
JoyceUk
March 16, 2010 06:46AM
Bill S wrote:

> A little unsettling since I'm trusting my clot free life to
> Nattokinase.

So am I Bill, but I recently had a positive experience of its clot busting properties when I had a tooth extracted and the clot didn't stay long enough - had to have the socket dressed.
The one dentist had heard of NK and put some clot-promoting fibre stuff into original wound, but although it stopped the bleeding OK didn't keep the clot in place.
The dentist, doc and I agreed that better than a clot in the wrong place, although a bit of a pain and nuisance at the time.
Bill S
March 16, 2010 11:40PM
JoyceUk,

Thanks for the positive feedback. It's nice to know that it is working for some people even if in the "wrong" place.
I did many, many hour of research on NK before I switched from Warfarin. I decided that the limited studies done on NK were enough to convince me that it works. I just wish that after so many years in the suppliment market that there would be more large studies done.
JoyceUk
March 17, 2010 03:42AM
Bill,

Another thread about nattokinase which originally got me quite excited!!!

[www.afibbers.org]

I don't know whether Mark has had time to write about his appointment, or whether I might have missed it.

Joyce
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login