Welcome to the Afibber’s Forum
Serving Afibbers worldwide since 1999
Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Your cells don’t have the genome you were born with. Project aims to chart impact of new mutations

Posted by susan.d 
Is that another version of epigenetics? Am i missing something?

One only has to look at the Okinawan studies to know that it is a fact

Fiddlefaddling with deleting genes to protect from fatty liver eye rolling smiley when it is well known how to prevent it in the first place.

Not saying the studies are a waste of time and money - one never knows what new knowledge might emerge.
Wonder if any of that is connected to the MTHFR gene ? I just found out about a week ago,that i have it.
What does it mean if you have the MTHFR gene?
If the MTHFR gene that codes for this enzyme mutates, it may contribute to a variety of health conditions ranging from depression to some cancers. People have two MTHFR genes, inheriting one from each of their parents. Mutations can affect one (heterozygous) or both (homozygous) of these genes.
Todd-what lab tests for it?
Susan - Genova Diagnostics.is one ..

[www.gdx.net]

Jackie
Here is the one i got it through. It was $149 and i got the results 1 week after the blood draw. The results were emailed to me. [www.pushhealth.com]
People with the MTHFR gene supposedly do not absorb folic acid well. This below is just a drop in the bucket.
Dig a little deeper.

[www.google.com]
A big difference between Quatrefolic® and the calcium salt-based L-methylfolate forms is that the maker, Gnosis, bound the (6S)/L isomer of 5-MTHF (the “active nutritive ingredient” we care most about) to a different kind of salt molecule. Instead of using calcium salt, Gnosis used a glucosamine salt molecule.
Is Quatrefolic the same as methylfolate?
Quatrefolic® (6S)-5-methyltetrahydrofolate is the most bioavailable form of L-methylfolate on the market for supporting methylation processes (especially supporting a dirty MTHFR gene). There are a few other bioactive, high-quality forms as well.
Is Quatrefolic good for MTHFR?
Quatrefolic®, the 4th generation of folate
It is also very beneficial for people with MTHFR polymorphism, since they have a lower ability to transform folic acid into the active form of folate.

What happens if you take too much methylfolate?
Choose your methylfolate dosage with caution, together with your doctor to prevent over-methylation. Taking too much methylfolate can cause side effects, such as severe anxiety, nausea, insomnia, migraines, irritability, achy joints, headaches, and more.

Folic acid is synthetic and difficult for most livers to convert to 5-MTHF, which is the natural form of folate. So, skip folic acid and only take 5-MTHF, instead.
Shall I take daily dosage of 5mg of 5MTFH? What’s the diff between 5MTFH and L-5MTFH?
They’re the same. Some just word 5-MTHF differently.
What’s the diff between 5MTFH and L-5MTFH?
They’re the same. Some just word 5-MTHF differently.
Todd
Here is the one i got it through. It was $149 and i got the results 1 week after the blood draw. The results were emailed to me. [www.pushhealth.com]
People with the MTHFR gene supposedly do not absorb folic acid well.

Folic acid is synthetic and difficult for most livers to convert to 5-MTHF, which is the natural form of folate..

I had a major bowel resection when I was a kid and put on 1mg daily folic acid for life since the intestines removed were designated for folic absorption. I get my folic acid by Rx, not supplemental that one can buy at a drug store. I also got my folic levels tested frequently my entire life.

I saw a new GI and he became extremely upset and concerned about my dosage and said 1 mg a day can cause one iatrogenic harm and he told me to reduce my 1mg in half to .5mg. I found this unusual because over the counter sells .8mg.

Todd- I wonder why 1mg a day folic acid for 60 years suddenly become harmful. I was given no reason why.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login