Welcome to the Afibber’s Forum
Serving Afibbers worldwide since 1999
Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Are induction cooktops safe for afibbers?

Posted by Edda 
Are induction cooktops safe for afibbers?
February 06, 2023 10:56PM
Sorry if I sound silly, but I am thinking of getting an induction cooktop, and just read to be careful if you have a pacemaker. I don't have a pacemaker, but I am wondering if induction could trigger an afib episode. After all afib is an electro-physical disease. I guess my question is: does anyone here cook with induction without problems? Thanks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2023 10:57PM by Edda.
Re: Are induction cooktops safe for afibbers?
February 06, 2023 11:53PM
There's no reason to be concerned about an induction cooktop and afib. I'm not so sure there's any reason to be concerned about one with a pacemaker either. People who write articles like to think up scary stuff.
February 07, 2023 03:46PM
I came across this, and then I extrapolated 😀

[pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov].
February 16, 2023 11:07AM
Good find Edda - who'd a thunk it?
February 20, 2023 03:45AM
Edda
I came across this, and then I extrapolated 😀

[pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov].

Good to know so i can avoid, although I prefer a gas stovetop. Doesn’t induction stove tops have the possibility of cracks? Having a nuked AV node my pacemaker is working 99.99%…how did they come up to that number if I’m pacemaker dependent Because it should be 10O% Anyways I try to avoid a wand or machines

My concern is at the airport. They make me wait for a female to hand grope me because I won’t go through the machines with a pacemaker that beats each of my beats. So instead they have me waiting really close to the X-ray machine for upwards of an hour. I don’t like being so close to the machine’s radiation because they insists I stand against the machine waiting so there isn’t a bottleneck of being in someone’s way. If you end up with a PM, bring your PM card with you. They once interrogated me by asking for the model number, model name date of implant and dr name.. I avoid the pat down.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login