Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

achy legs etc

Posted by Sozo 
achy legs etc
October 23, 2022 05:50PM
Hi All
I often have achy legs, cramping in my left foot at times, and a neck ache. As far
as the achy legs, I had an ultrasound for Peripheral artery disease, which came up
negative. My doctor says this in not from Afib and seemed not concerned. I actually
had to ask for the test. There are times that the achiness drains me. Compression
socks do help quite a bit though. Does anyone have any clue of these symptoms
of mine? It has been going on for months. I too was dealing with on going low
blood pressure. It is not so often now as it was, thank goodness.
Thank you!! smiling smiley
Re: achy legs etc
October 24, 2022 04:21PM
Hi Sozo... Presume you are an Afibber? Have you read some of the posts about taking magnesium supplements to help with Afib?

Typically, optimizing intracellular magnesium helps relax muscles. ... note the emphasize on intracellular, because the magnesium has to be absorbed into cells .. including muscle cells to have the relaxing effect and it's a well-known recommendation for Afibbers to supplement with magnesium. We can elaborate more and direct you to many previous posts on the actions/benefits of optimal intracellular magnesium.

Additionally, are you diabetic? If so, is neuropathy present? That can affect circulation and comfort in feet and legs. There is an abundance of info that can be referenced for you to read...just provide a bit more background info about your "arrhythmia story" and your general health history.

Best to you,

Jackie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2022 05:53PM by Jackie.
October 24, 2022 05:22PM
I was going to pipe in and say Mg as well. when I was a kid (congential heart stuff) I would have achy joints and ate potassium rich foods. (really at that time people just did bananas. there was no internet to find out better options LOL!). as usual Jackie has much more info smiling smiley I will say I was just talking to a nutritionist about absorption of another vitamin and that is really a key. You could do epson salt baths to get the Mg in but Jackie has many more good questions smiling smiley
October 24, 2022 09:10PM
Thanks, BettyLou, for your comments.
Epsom Salts baths are definitely relaxing and also help with the aching muscles
as is topical magnesium in the 'gel' form... although it's sticky feeling can be limiting.
In the archived posts, there are many suggestions on forms and dosing ranges.

Also important is to have the intracellular testing (ExaTest), at least initially, to
identify where the patient is at the starting point.

Jackie
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login