Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Nattokinase Price. Yikes!

Posted by ln108 
Nattokinase Price. Yikes!
March 12, 2022 11:23AM
I was looking today to purchase some nattokinase. The brand I have used in the past was Nattozyme by NutriCology. This is NSK-SD Nattokinase, from Japan, which folks on this forum seem think is best.

Looking on Amazon, the price today is $41.39 for 60 softgels, 100mg, 2000 FU each. That's 69 cents per softgel. The last time I purchased this same product, it was in July of 2019. At that time the price was $23.87. So the price has pretty much doubled! I see that the price for NSK-SD Nattokinase from other companies is pretty much the same now.

Can anyone explain this? Is it supply-chain issues from Japan? Does anyone know of a good, less expensive source?

Thanks and best wishes,

Lance
Re: Nattokinase Price. Yikes!
March 15, 2022 02:10AM
ln108
I was looking today to purchase some nattokinase. The brand I have used in the past was Nattozyme by NutriCology. This is NSK-SD Nattokinase, from Japan, which folks on this forum seem think is best.

Looking on Amazon, the price today is $41.39 for 60 softgels, 100mg, 2000 FU each. That's 69 cents per softgel. The last time I purchased this same product, it was in July of 2019. At that time the price was $23.87. So the price has pretty much doubled! I see that the price for NSK-SD Nattokinase from other companies is pretty much the same now.

Can anyone explain this? Is it supply-chain issues from Japan? Does anyone know of a good, less expensive source?

Thanks and best wishes,

Lance

I am taking 2 of these a day, one night and morning [nz.iherb.com]
It is also expensive but lasts me 3 months. I did quite a lot of research and decided this was as good as any and it is stronger at 4000FU's capsule.
When I go for a blood test I am asked if I am on a blood thinner as it takes a little longer to stop any bleeding.
Also check this link.
[arthurandrew.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2022 02:16AM by colindo.
March 15, 2022 06:02PM
Thanks, Colindo. I was looking at that product. Good to know that you've had good results with it. I've ordered some.

Best wishes, Lance
April 13, 2022 02:53AM
Hey! I was recommended Doctor's Best, Nattokinase. It's a lot cheaper than the one you got. After reading the above comments, I am worried this cheaper product will be effective or not.
April 13, 2022 11:15AM
Thanks, BastienR. In my experience, Doctor's Best products are pretty good. Keep in mind, however, that the Doctor's Best nattokinase is 2000FU per cap, while the Arthur Andrew Medical product, as Colindo points out, is 4000FU per cap, twice as strong.

Lance
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login