Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mosquitoes

Posted by Elizabeth 
Mosquitoes
August 06, 2021 04:13PM
Ok, new topic. Mosquitoes, we have an influx of them this last few weeks, I have been bitten on my arms and legs, they are big red and very itchy.. I have tried different things and can't get rid of these itchy bites. I have never had anything like this before, I have a garden and need to work in it and get bites. It is a bad year, we had a lot of rain for about a couple of weeks, so that brought them out, it is dry now and we need some rain but those nasty mosquitoes are still raging.

Liz
Re: Mosquitoes
August 06, 2021 05:29PM
This is up my alley. All said can be used for bites.
1. Start with Avenno bath. It’s an oatmeal based soothing powder you add to your bath.
2. Aveeno anti itch concentrated lotion (insect bites)
3. Extra strength Benadryl itch stopping cream
4. Aveeno 1% hydrocortisone anti itch cream (helps if it’s irritated and red)
5. Medline Remedy (I keep 3 handy for bites and ecv) Olivamine clear aid skin protector. I get free each ecv from Robles
6. If the pain is bad try 4% lidocaine maximum strength ALOCANE emergency burn gel.

You can also use Calamine plus itch relief but it worthless.

I use all of the above. See photo below
[ibb.co]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2021 09:08PM by susan.d.
August 06, 2021 08:42PM
Gosh, thank you Susan, i will go to the drug store tomorrow and see what they have and hopefully pick a couple up. I have never had anything like this before in my whole life, the bites turn into large, puffy very red and itch bad. I am wondering if because I am on a blood thinner if that is making those bites so bad.
August 06, 2021 09:13PM
Feel better.
Joe
August 06, 2021 09:14PM
Others say it's got to do with low levels of certain B vitamins. Not sure if it's B1 or2 or 3. Anyhow, that's what a doctor said sine years ago (hence my vague memory).
When my wife and i are out in the garden i get no bites and she gets lotsconfused smiley
August 06, 2021 10:26PM
Joe:

My Vit. B level always tests quite high, I take vit. B every day and have for years. I am just wondering since I take a blood thinner if that makes the bites worse. Are your wifes bites bad.
August 07, 2021 09:11AM
[www.earthclinic.com] has a lot of bug bite remedies. Dish Washing liquid works for relief for me a lot of times.
Put it on raw rub it in, or lather it up a little bit and lot it dry.
Joe
August 08, 2021 01:36AM
Elizabeth
Joe:

My Vit. B level always tests quite high, I take vit. B every day and have for years. I am just wondering since I take a blood thinner if that makes the bites worse. Are your wifes bites bad.
She thinks so. Maybe because she gets many of them. The individual bites pretty much look like a bit on other people - i.e. not a severe reaction.
August 08, 2021 07:16AM
My wife and son never get bit by mosquitos. Its really annoying when we are camping
Joe
August 27, 2021 01:44AM
Elizabeth
Joe:

Just remembered a conversation with my cousins husband who was (died a few days ago) a GP in rural Austria. He told me that he gives hunters a multi B vitamin injection during mosquito season and it's working for them.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login