Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

zinc

Posted by Elizabeth 
zinc
November 22, 2020 03:28PM
For the last 3 months i have been eating pumpkin and sunflower seeds, i buy the raw seeds and put a little olive oil on them and just roast them for a few min. They are really good. My zinc level was a little over the top of the lab scale which never has happened to me, i have been taking a Zinc supplement which i have been doing for years. i have done a little checking and found out that these seeds are high in zinc, and a lot of other good things such as vit. K.

NutritionDesserts and SnacksNuts and Seeds
Zinc Content in Pumpkin Seeds
By Bonnie Singleton
Pumpkin seeds are full of beneficial nutrients, including zinc.
Pumpkins aren't just for Halloween carving and Thanksgiving pies. The seeds they contain are full of beneficial nutrients. One of the most important minerals in pumpkin seeds is zinc, an antioxidant that helps protect against age-related diseases and assists in fighting colds and healing wounds.

VIDEO OF THE DAY
Identification
Pumpkins were an important food among the Native Americans and belong to the same gourd family of plants that includes cantaloupe, cucumber and squash. Pumpkin seeds, also known as pepitas, are flat and dark green and may either be covered in yellow husks or without any shells at all, depending upon the variety of pumpkin. Pumpkin seeds contain the minerals phosphorus, magnesium and manganese, iron and copper, as well as protein and vitamin K. According to the World's Healthiest Foods website, 1/4 cup of raw pumpkin seeds contains 2.57 mg of zinc or 17.1 percent of the Recommended Daily Allowance of zinc for healthy adults.

Benefits
Zinc is required by your body to manufacture 100 different enzymes, and it also supports your immune system, protein synthesis, DNA synthesis, the healing of wounds, normal growth and development and your sense of taste and smell. Because many foods rich in zinc, such as red meats, contain saturated fat that contributes to inflammati
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login