Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Do not try this at home - Quack Mercola Strikes Again

Do not try this at home - Quack Mercola Strikes Again
April 10, 2020 05:18AM
Mercola: "Nebulized hydrogen peroxide therapy is an inexpensive and simple way to treat most viral respiratory illnesses. All you need is a nebulizer with a face mask that covers your mouth and nose, and common household hydrogen peroxide, available at most grocery stores and pharmacies."

American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine 2015;191:A1537
Hydrogen Peroxide Inhalation Causing Interstitial Lung Disease

[www.atsjournals.org]
Re: Do not try this at home - Quack Mercola Strikes Again
April 10, 2020 06:28AM
Yep, he's a quack. Unfortunate however because some of his research is credible and helpful. I think for some reason alot of these
Natural health experts go off the reservation at times. Follow the $$$$ I guess.
April 10, 2020 05:35PM
I don't know about doc. Mercola but I have known Dr. B for about 20 years and know he is not a quack. He has been treating patients and has not closed down his practice since this virus has begun.

This is what Dr. B uses for his patients:

For hydrogen peroxide, food grade hydrogen peroxide should be used. We mix up a bag of normal saline and add hydrogen peroxide along with minerals. It is similar to the IV version that we infuse into patients.

, I had his wife dilute food grade—35%–peroxide down to 3% using clean, sterile water. Then, 3cc of that diluted mixture was further diluted in 250 cc of normal saline. Finally, 3 cc of the saline-diluted mixture can be nebulized.
April 12, 2020 02:30AM
The lady with Lung damage in the study used it on a regular basis for 5 years. That is different than an acute usage for Coronavirus
April 12, 2020 02:58PM
Why is Dr Mercola a quack? What has he done to deserve that title?
April 12, 2020 06:35PM
I'm a moderator on another board. We don't allow people to use such terms. People can disagree with something or what someone says and say why, but we don't allow name calling to other posters or for third parties.

I looked at the article in question. Mercola quotes Dr. Thomas Levy for this approach and also interviewed Levy. I'm not saying I think this is a good idea, especially at 3% H2O2 concentration, however Levy does say he's used the approach. Mercola also recommends using food grade H2O2 diluted to 3% while Levy suggests using the drug store H2O2, which has other ingredients.

The Anti-Fib
The lady with Lung damage in the study used it on a regular basis for 5 years. That is different than an acute usage for Coronavirus

The linked case report is from a poster presentation, and no other details are given. For example what concentration of H2O2 was used?

Elizabeth
I had his wife dilute food grade—35%–peroxide down to 3% using clean, sterile water. Then, 3cc of that diluted mixture was further diluted in 250 cc of normal saline. Finally, 3 cc of the saline-diluted mixture can be nebulized.

Concentration would make a large difference. Dr. Brownstein's dilution is to around 0.01%.

The origin of this is perhaps Dr. Frank Shallenberger. "Shallenberger’s first actually ill test subject was his wife who had developed the initial symptoms of flu. She immediately began 10-minute treatments every waking hour, and within 72 hours, (three days), the flu was fully cured. Shallenberger was predictably amazed in that even IV hydrogen peroxide cannot resolve flu in much less time. Since Mrs. Shallenberger’s rapid recovery, Dr. Shallenberger has treated hundreds of cases of colds, flus, sinusitis, and bronchitis all with the same results." Don't know Shallenberger's concentration either.
April 13, 2020 09:03AM
Mercola now recommending licorice root at concentrations that can cause death.

What's next concentrated sorrell soup?

(hint - [www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov] )

[twitter.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login