Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Collagen tabs

Posted by Elizabeth 
Collagen tabs
July 17, 2016 04:12PM
I have been reading that collagen supplements are helpful for bones/arthritis, has anyone taking these supplements and or read about helping arthritis?

Liz
Sam
Re: Collagen tabs
July 18, 2016 08:11AM
I was interested in this supplement both for my own use and my Patients, most of whom suffered from arthritis. I found no benefit from it.

Sam
July 18, 2016 01:23PM
Oh, ok, I saw this on Dr. Oz, they said it was of slight benefit. So, I wasn't sure about it, thank you, sounds like I should save my money.

Liz
July 19, 2016 06:16PM
Sam - I learned from a webinar interview with the developers of Cyplexinol (from ZyCal) that there are a couple of effective collagen support nutrients. [zycalbio.com]

This was sponsored by Designs for Health – professional grade supplement company here in the US. I tried to learn if they have a distributor in the UK that you could signup as a HC professional and have the advantage of the professional discount. Check this link;
[naturaldispensary.co.uk]

DFH has two products that were discussed in the webinar that have merit for helping with collagen support and bone and cartilage regeneration, Arthroben and TRF (Tissue Regeneration Factor.) My FM MD suggested I use those a couple years ago for ‘preventive insurance’ during the aging process. While my bone density scans have always been excellent, I certainly want to keep it that way, so I’ve been using both.

They have a long list of related study results for product support that I can send to you if interested.

Check it out.

Jackie

From the Designs for Health product data sheets:

Arthroben® contains 7.5 grams of Collagen Peptides – and offers these benefits.

• Reduces inflammation
• Balanced inhibition of COX-1, COX-2, 5-LOX
• Offers potent antioxidant protection to reduce joint deterioration
• Increases joint mobility and function
• Stimulates joint repair, and provides nutritional building blocks for cartilage, ligaments (and skin)
• Not associated with the negative side effects that are commonly seen with NSAIDs & other drugs
• Safe for patients on warfarin (Coumadin)
• Little or no effect on prothrombin times (PT)
Made with non-GMO ingredients.

Arthroben® contains flavocoxid, a proprietary blend of natural flavonoids, which provides comprehensive, balanced inhibition of three metabolic pathways (COX-1, COX-2, and 5-LOX), unlike NSAIDs, which cause strong, selective inhibition of only one individual inflammatory pathway. This well-balanced method of action helps to minimize systemic side effects, making it gentle on the GI tract, while effectively managing the metabolic imbalances of osteoarthritis (OA). Flavocoxid also acts as a powerful antioxidant to limit oxidative conversion of arachidonic acid to other damaging metabolites and to quench free radicals in the joints which may break down cartilage and trigger other inflammatory processes in OA.

Arthroben® also features Fortigel® and Verisol®, two variations of hydrolyzed collagen which boost anabolic processes in connective tissues and inhibits various catabolic enzymes in order help stimulate the repair process. This supports an adequate volume of cartilage as well as the elastic properties of connective tissues, exactly what is necessary to maintain healthy joints.

The Zycal product has good study results support for the usefulness bone morphogenic protein (BMP) aka TRF or Tissue Regeneration Factor… and may also be useful for your patients.

TRF 150™ and TRF 350™ provide nutritional support for healthy joint function, repair, and relief of occasional inflammation. These products feature Cyplexinol® PRO, a bone derived protein/collagen complex containing Bone Morphogenetic Proteins (BMPs) and key growth factors naturally contained in bone. This ingredient helps to support the pathways involved in normal bone remodeling, and the proper repair and regeneration of cartilage, thereby supporting good bone health and joint integrity.

What is TRF 150™?
TRF 150™ (Tissue Regeneration Factor) features 150 mg of Cyplexinol® PRO, a bone-derived protein/collagen complex containing Body/Bone Morphogenetic Proteins (BMPs) and key growth factors naturally contained in bone, such as Transforming Growth Factor Beta (TGF-β), Insulin-like Growth Factor (IGF), Platelet Derived Growth Factor (PDGF), and Basic Fibroblast Growth Factor (bFGF).

Applications of TRF 150™
Clinical effects of the results of supplemental BMPs are validated with multiple studies. TRF 150™ is effective in helping to maintain bone strength and joint homeostasis, as well as the pathways which cause cartilage degradation because it features thoroughly researched Cyplexinol® PRO. The proteins (found in bone and bovine milk) contained in TRF 150™ have been shown to activate the bone and cartilage-forming process. TRF 150™ exerts its effect on bone via increasing bone formation and reducing bone resorption. This allows TRF 150™ to address the processes which lead to cartilage degradation, as well as the ensuing pain and inflammation caused by arthritis and other degenerative joint conditions.

TRF 150™ should be a first line defense for any stage of osteoporosis, any type of fracture and for any condition in need of joint or cartilage repair. Consider pairing it with OsteoForce™ (for bones) or ArthroSoothe™ (for joints).

Cyplexinol® PRO studies conclude:
Cyplexinol® PRO is a bone anabolic agent (tissue regenerating)
Bone volume of rats increased by 78% given Cyplexinol® PRO
Promotes bone formation and reduces bone resorption
Improves bone mineral density even in ovariectomized rats
Improves bone mass caused by estrogen decline
Improves trabecular bone architecture, trabecular thickness, and trabecular connectivity
Important morphogens with pleiotropic functions

Mechanisms of action:
Bone and Cartilage: Osteoinductive effect (stimulating new bone formation)
Body/Bone Morphogenetic Proteins stimulate mesenchymal stem cells and differentiate them into osteoblasts (produce bone) and chondrocytes (produce cartilage).

Related Research [www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

Excellent review: [arthritis-research.biomedcentral.com]

Jackie
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login