Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Earthing.Current opinions

Posted by alexe 
Earthing.Current opinions
December 14, 2014 07:03PM
Gentlepersons,

There doesn't appear to be much on earthing in the forums. Dr Sinatra seems approving.

What do people like Jackie , Erling et cetera think?

I realise there can be no double-blind tests but it would be interesting to know of any people who think it has made a difference to them.

Thanks

Alex
Re: Earthing.Current opinions
December 16, 2014 09:32AM
Alex - Use the search feature for both forums for 'earthing' and 'grounding'..... I'm a big fan... have used it for years and have written a lot about it. I'm pressed for time at the moment but will respond soon with more details. If you have access to a salt-water beach where you can walk in damp sand, it's the absolutely most therapeutic thing you'll ever experience. Dr. Sinatra has first hand experience with the benefits of earthing and with colleagues, did an informal experiment that demonstrated the benefit as an anti-platelet aggregation method... there are before and after photos of the platelets ...which I consider to be a major benefit to all of us but especially those who are in their very 'senior' years where risk of stroke and MI becomes more prevalent with time and the tendency for thick, sticky blood.

Post again if you can't locate the previous entries and I'll see what I can find when I have a bit more free time here.

Love that you are thinking along these lines!!!!

Jackie
December 16, 2014 10:26PM
Hello Jackie,

I am not sure whether I need more tuition or improved mental comprehension pills.

I would very much appreciate you providing what you think is relevant data which I'm sure will also be useful to others ,when you have the free time.

We have a large garden. What if we dug a hole and filled it with saltwater.? Not the same as the sea but good ecologically as saves the time driving.

I could commune with my iPad.

Thanks

Alex
December 17, 2014 09:40AM
Alex... I'll look them up and send you a PM as an alert when I've found and posted the links.

Glad to help. Stand by.

Jackie
December 17, 2014 02:10PM
Alex.... here's a link that resulted from a search of all forums for any posts containing the words "earthing" or "grounding"...

[www.afibbers.org]

This should keep you busy for a while.. : )

Jackie
December 17, 2014 08:50PM
Alex:

Wouldn't the water gradually seep into the ground, unless you lined the hole, you probably couldn't garden there anymore.
December 18, 2014 04:23PM
Alex... check out this great report by one of the Earthing experts... Townsend Letter. The most graphic is the photo showing how the blood platelets separate and don't clump after earthing. It's a great report.
[www.townsendletter.com]

I found another in April 2014 Townsend but it's not on line so I'll excerpt a few of the highlights and post that soon.....
so keep watching.

Jackie
December 19, 2014 10:04AM
Alex.... Here's the summary report... FYI

From April 2014 Townsend Letter..
Earthing: Is Hope for Diabetes Right Under our Feet?
By Stephen T. Sinatra, MD, FACC, with Martin Zucker…

Although this report targets diabetes, there are key points on Earthing that are relevant to everyone…
Following are some of the highlights to add to this thread…

Quote: What is Earthing?
Throughout virtually all of history, humans mostly walked barefoot or used semiconductive animal hides for foot ware and bedding. We lived in contact with the Earth at all times. Today, we mostly live insulated, living and working above ground, often very high above the ground, and wearing nonconductive shoes with synthetic soles. We rarely go barefoot outside. Consequently, our bodies have become chronically unbalanced with static electricity, free radicals and inflammation.

Earthing refers to significant health benefits that result from making sustained direct physical contact with the Earth’s natural, negative surface charges by walking barefoot outside or sitting, working or sleeping indoors connected to conductive systems that transfer the charge from the ground into the body.

This subtle charge comes from the virtually limitless and continuously renewed reservoir of free electrons on the surface of the Earth. Maintaining contact with the ground allows our body to naturally receive and become charged with these electrons. When thus “grounded,” you automatically absorb these free electrons which in turn instantly reduce electrical imbalances in the body and the oxidative free radicals involved in chronic inflammation and multiple diseases. The body’s natural electrical state is restored.

As a result, people who are grounded feel better, sleep better and have less pain. [ End quote]

Highlights.. Earthing benefits

Diabetics report improvement with Earthing; some report reducing need for medications. Earthing can prevent diabetes and alleviate symptoms.

Reduces inflammation by the influx of electrons which quenches or neutralizes positively charged free radicals that cause inflammation.

Restores the body’s electrical stability which affects all body systems…(quote) “We are bioelectrical beings.”

Calms the Autonomic Nervous System that regulates heart function, respiration rate and digestion.
Earthing shifts an overactive sympathetic mode induced by stress and improves heart rate variability… the very subtle variations in heartbeat intervals regarded as an important indicator of balanced ANS. When the ANS and HRV are disturbed by stress there is an increased risk for arrhythmia and sudden cardiac death.

Aids glucose control, lowers triglycerides and alkaline phosphatase…

Significant improvement with blood flow.. so improves circulation and affects thinning and less clumping of blood platelets and with diabetics, a significant improvement in circulation which means less neuropathy… numbness and pain. One diabetic sat with an Earthing mat for an hour and afterward said her numb feet improved by 75%. In two sessions, her numb feet were totally resolved.

In diabetics, Earthing can change the dosage for “ medications needed for blood pressure, thyroid and glucose meds..and in particular, blood thinners.”

For diabetics, the good news is Earthing over a long period of time will have benefit in less heart disease, less stroke, and overall better health.

My comment: The same could be said for those who are non-diabetic.

Dr. Sinatra’s final comment is:

“ Medicine doesn’t have many “WOW” moments as such. It is mainly logical thinking with little scope for being somewhat creating. Medicine plus Earthing has provided me lately with some spectacular “WOW” moments.” End of Sinatra report summary.

There are five references for this report. If you like, I will send them to you if you send me a PM

Jackie
December 24, 2014 11:46AM
From Dr. Sinatra's website and recent Anti-Aging tips...

Earthing, in case you haven’t heard about it, is creating a buzz throughout the health world as a simple and natural way to restore and maintain optimum health. It simply means living in contact with the Earth’s natural surface charge – being grounded − which naturally discharges and prevents chronic inflammation in the body. This effect has massive health implications because of the strong link between chronic inflammation and virtually all chronic disease, including the diseases of aging, and the aging process itself. Among many other significant benefits, people sleep better and have more energy. [www.heartmdinstitute.com]
August 27, 2015 02:53PM
Thanks, J!

/L
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login