Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Urine Retention

Posted by Sam 
Sam
Urine Retention
September 19, 2014 11:22AM
After a considerable time of pain with urination, which I took be caused by an enlarged prostate (which I treated with Beta Sistosteril. Iodine and - one at the time - pygeum extract, pomegranate extract and a few others), I discovered I was retaining a litre of urine.

I saw a urologist who said I had a weak pump (bladder) and restricted flow (prostate) and strongly recommended a TURP prostatectomy.

Before going for such a horrible operation I'm going to try Graminex for the prostate and Doctor's Best Bladder Support (Lindera, Horsetail & Crevala) for the weak bladder.

Even if these don't work I may stick with using a catheter twice a day - not much fun! And I've twice had a Urinary Tract Infection since starting the catheters for which I had to take Betablockers (D-Mannose had no effect).

Anyone know anything else I could try?

Thanks,

Sam
Re: Urine Retention
September 19, 2014 04:02PM
Maybe something in this report would be useful???
[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

For ongoing infections, look to using high-dose - 3 - 5 packets of Liposomal Vitamin C by LivOn Laboratories and also the MesoSilver which is the very specific nano-particle size to eliminate pathogens.

At these links, read all you can in the article/research segments on nanoparticle colloidal silver. I would not be without MesoSilver.
[www.silver-colloids.com]
[www.silver-colloids.com]
[www.colloidsforlife.com]

I certainly hope you can resolve without the procedure.
Best to you,
Jackie
Sam
September 20, 2014 02:24AM
Thanks for the links, Jackie. You'll have realised instantly that in my post I wrote Beta Blockers when I meant Antibiotics.
October 01, 2014 09:24PM
Sam,

I've had reasonable success with Saw Palmetto 320 mg once daily and 5 mg hytrin at bedtime. One could take 10-15mg hytrin safely, according to my urologist. Where I use to go 3-4 times nightly, now it is once per night, and I can live with that. Also it depends on ones age, I am 70 plus.
December 06, 2014 12:43PM
Sam,
There is another alternative less invasive intervention for bph but still experimental.
Please google : prostatic artery embolisation

ben
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login