Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

March 2014 issue of International Health News

Posted by Hans Larsen 
March 2014 issue of International Health News
March 01, 2014 03:26PM
The March 2014 issue of International Health News is now available.

CONTENTS

EDITORIAL
THIS MONTH's TOPICS
Detoxification
- Toxins and chronic illness
- The toxic zoo
- Avoidance of toxins
- Detoxification interventions
- Chelation
- Protocols for which there is no evidence
- Conclusions and the future
Blood pressure increases in early adulthood predict subclinical atherosclerosis in middle age
Cardiovascular mortality risk associated with added sugar

NEWSBRIEFS
- Mercury in skin-lightening products
- Elevated blood pesticide levels and the risk of Alzheimer's disease
- Genetically modified corn, rats and tumors. The Seraline study saga

You can access it here: [www.yourhealthbase.com]

Hans
Re: March 2014 issue of International Health News
March 02, 2014 11:00AM
Thank you, Dr. Ware, for your emphasis on the importance of detoxification and practices to avoid toxic accumulations which have unfortunately now become commonplace. Awareness that we are exposed continually to toxins is an extremely important message.

Detoxification is and has been a core element of initial assessment and treatment protocols in the world of ‘holistic’ or functional type medical treatment plans since the body can’t heal or begin to function optimally when loaded with toxins. Toxins impair cellular function.

Almost 20 years ago, when I first ventured into holistic medical treatment, I went through several detoxification treatments that provided a remarkable improvement. I had the good fortune to be invited to attend several weekend Detox seminars for medical practitioners and learned with them the fundamentals for patient assessment and treatment plans which remain with me today as part of my health maintenance.

One of the seminars on Environmental Medicine featured Pediatrician, Doris Rapp, MD who has crusaded for years that “we live in a toxic world.” Her books connecting the increasing prevalence of learning disorders to toxicity are legend… ie, Is This Your Child? and Is This Your Child’s World?

When people are suffering with various and often vague ailments, the first order of assessment is Lifestyle, Diet and Environment… what’s in each of those that contributes collectively to the toxic burden behind the scenes until there is an adverse manifestation.

Unless or until those influences are addressed, the patient often is unable to make progress with treatment plans. All forms of drugs add to the toxic burden. This would be especially relevant to afibbers with an existing toxic burden.

Thank you for this very important reminder.

Jackie
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login