Welcome to the Afibber’s Forum
Serving Afibbers worldwide since 1999
Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Vitamin and Mineral Supplements in the Primary Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease and Cancer: An Updated Systematic Evidence Review for the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force

Posted by researcher 
Regarding vitamins and supplements in general, not specifically AF related.

[annals.org]
Most of the source info centered around CVD and cancer so in that regard I imagine vitamin use is not warranted. However, in my own backyard trial, I obtained two malnurished old pigs as part of a rescue operation. No kidding. Even after months of good, balanced pig diet, they still lacked energy, but improved nearly overnight - obviously so - displaying more energy after I began a vitamin regimen (the same vitamins I take). Good enough for me. It was the same with glucosamine/chondroitin - they could barely move, but once I started that supplement, their mobility improved dramatically.

I guess such things aren't for every person/animal for every reason, but for most they provide benefit.
Tom, I love that you rescued those pigs!

Could be that you have your own trial going on there with GM animal food where nutrients are either absent or not bioavailable because the form is unrecognizable by the animal's body. At least that's what other animal studies are indicating when it comes to fillers and GMO components in animal/agricultural food. A lesson for humans and GM food as well.

Jackie
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login