Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Coconut Oil and Alzheimer’s Disease

Posted by Todd 
Coconut Oil and Alzheimer’s Disease
May 19, 2013 01:32AM
Dr. Newport learned that the ingredient in the drug trial which was showing so much promise was simply MCT oil derived from coconut oil or palm kernel oil, and that a dose of 20 grams (about 20 ml or 4 teaspoons) was used to produce these results. When MCT oil is metabolized, the ketones which the body creates may, according to the latest research, not only protect against the incidence of Alzheimer’s, but may actually reverse it. Allso a potential treatment for Parkinson’s disease, Huntington’s disease, multiple sclerosis and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS or Lou Gehrig’s disease), drug-resistant epilepsy, brittle type I diabetes, and type II (insulin-resistant) diabetes.

[www.anh-usa.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/19/2013 01:42AM by Todd.
Re: Coconut Oil and Alzheimer’s Disease
May 20, 2013 03:08PM
Hi Todd and thanks for posting this... I've been collecting anti-aging info specific to brain function preservation and coconut oil is definitely mentioned as being very useful. There are others. Eventually, I'll have a summary to post because we are all aging...some not as well as others, mentally... and it's very important to know what brain support nutrients are affordable, easy to acquire and effective. Coconut oil has been a mainstay in my diet for a long time, now.

Jackie
Sam
May 21, 2013 02:53AM
I started my mother on coconut oil about six months ago. She was just starting to show Alzheimers systems and there has been a real improvement since she started the oil.
August 10, 2013 11:13AM
I mentioned this to several people and one friend's mother had been on coconut oil for Alzheimer's, and her memory did improve; but her doctor took her off because her cholesterol went up. (?) I thought cholesterol only came from animal products, so I don't understand how that happened. (Personally, I would rather be on cholesterol meds or change my diet otherwise and retain my memory!!) Anyone heard of this happening?
August 20, 2013 10:29AM
Sam - that's wonderful news. The benefits of coconut oil are significant. It's said when cholesterol is elevated, it's for a reason because cholesterol is the building block of so many processes including hormones and something must be lacking. . That's why lowering with statins causes so many adverse side effects - no one smart would use them.

Jackie
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login