Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

aura migraines

Posted by Elizabeth H. 
Elizabeth H.
aura migraines
October 30, 2012 04:31PM
Hans:

I remember reading that you have/had aura migraines, do you still get them and if not what did you do to rid yourself of them? I have gotten more as I have gotten older then when I was younger, years ago I would only get aura migraines a few times a year, now I seem to get them maybe one or two times a month. I hate them more then I do AF, when I go into NSR from AF, I feel great but with the aura migraines when the aura passes (about 1/2 hr.) I have a little headache and just don't feel as good as I should. I have read that taking an aspirin every day might help, also getting enough magnesium. I can't take a lot of magnesium because of bowel problems, I do test at the lower end of my Magnesium lab scale. Also, if anybody else on this forum if you have some insight, I would appreciate any input.

Thank you
Liz
Anonymous User
Re: aura migraines
October 30, 2012 05:38PM
migraine "magnesium deficiency" = 173,000 google results, e.g:

[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

Clin Neurosci. 1998;5(1):24-7.
Role of magnesium in the pathogenesis and treatment of migraines.
Mauskop A, Altura BM.
NY Headache Center, New York, NY 10021, USA.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/2012 05:48PM by Erling.
October 31, 2012 12:54PM
Liz,

Fortunately I have never had a migraine headache and rarely if ever, get headaches of any other kind. You can find a few ideas about dealing with migraines in the International Health News database [www.yourhealthbase.com]

Hans
Elizabeth H.
October 31, 2012 03:12PM
Hans:

Sorry, got you confused with P.C., I had read session 62 about Aura Migraines and heart valves. P.C. had aura migraines and said that he increased his potassium which helped, I am good with my K levels but not Mag. levels, he also said that increased hydration helped, I know that I don't drink enough water. thank you for your URL.

Erling:

I realize that mag. would be helpful, my problem is getting my levels up.

thank you

Liz
October 31, 2012 05:02PM
Liz,

Have you considered magnesium injections or infusions. Several afibbers have found them helpful so maybe they would work for migraines as well.

Hans
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login