Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

fibromyalgia ?

Posted by ben saif 
ben saif
fibromyalgia ?
August 12, 2012 01:22AM
MY 85 years old mother has widespread pain in many parts of her body for more than 3 monthes .can be relieved temporarly by anti rheumatic drugs but then recuring and wandering from site to site ( knee, shoulders, legs..)
any thoughts, advice will be appreciated.
ben
Re: fibromyalgia ?
August 12, 2012 11:14AM
Hi Ben - sorry for your mother's suffering. I had FM for years...I was given a lot of drugs that did nothing for the pain and weakness but made me feel terrible. Eventually, I discovered that I was very low in vitamin D (testing via 25 OH vitamin D).
Once I began using high dose vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol), all my pain went away. I stopped and the pain came back, so I knew it wasn't just placebo effect. That was 5 - 6 years ago and I remain free of FM pain.

Do you think you can get a test for her? It's better to know the baseline levels so you know how aggressive to be with the dosing.

Many people are found to be deficient in vitamin D especially seniors who aren't typically out in the sun enough and even if they are, the skin loses its ability to convert sunshine into the usable D form.

Jackie
August 12, 2012 02:30PM
Ben,

You can find some useful information about fibromyalgia in these abstracts from International Health News: [www.yourhealthbase.com]

Hans
September 25, 2012 01:40PM
A few years back I was diagnosed as having fibromyalgia when I complained of pain in various parts of my body. General inflammation? Don't know, but an improved diet and supplementation seemed to make a huge difference and today, with the exception of a pulled achilles tendon that does not want to go away and leave me alone and the usual arthritis, I seem to be fibromyalgia free. Just FWIW.
Murray L

Murray L

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tikosyn uptake Dec 2011 500ug b.i.d. NSR since!
Herein lies opinion, not professional advice, which all are well advised to seek.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login