Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mega doses of vitamin C and alkalinity

Posted by Josiah 
Mega doses of vitamin C and alkalinity
July 07, 2012 04:55PM
Many recent postings have discussed the benefits raising our internal alkalinity. Accordingly I'm drinking as much Waller Water as my bowels will tolerate. However, two other supplements I'm taking would seem to be working against my alkalinity goals. I currently take about 5 grams of vitamin C in the course of a day and I'm also taking Betaine HCL to raise my stomach acids. How much of a conflict does regimen this present?

Josiah
Re: Mega doses of vitamin C and alkalinity
July 07, 2012 10:28PM
Hi Josiah.

Good to see that others are looking into alkalizing their body for improved health which can only be of help Afibbers.

The obvious answer would be to stop taking either the Vit C, the Betaine? or both and see what happens, I would expect the change in pH , if any, would be apparent within two days.

I have just finished alkalizing test No 3, a 12 day course of taking 1 teaspoon of Baking Soda (Sodium Bicarbonate) at 10am and then again at 10pm. Unfortunately I can't get the MoM to make the Waller Water to aid the alkalizing effect so its Baking Soda for me. This Baking Soda ensures the pH rises rapidly and my early morning urine pH is at 9pH within 3 days and stays there unless I have a few drinks too many on the weekend when it will drop to 7pH or 6pH worst case.

I take 3 to 4 grams of Vit C per day and have done for ages. I also take 1 spoonful of Potassium Gluconate to possibly help offset any unoticeable issues with the sodium in Baking Soda. Note the regimen does not raise my BP one iota.

Alkalizing test No 4 will be changed to 2 TABLEspoon full of Apple Cider Vinegar - apparently very alkalizing - in real orange juice at 10am then 1 teaspoon of Baking Soda at 10pm, this will eliminate 50% of the sodium.

Barry G.
Re: Mega doses of vitamin C and alkalinity
July 08, 2012 10:11AM
Josiah... please read the comments I posted from Dr. Tennant explaining about the stomach acid and alkalinity.
[www.afibbers.org] and then the importance of drinking alkaline water.

My computer is down so my files aren't accessible... I'll respond later if I can locate the data I'm thinking I have.

Don't stop taking the betaine HCl...

Jackie
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login