Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

paleo and PH

Posted by alex 
alex
paleo and PH
May 20, 2012 11:19PM
I basically follow a paleo diet with lots and lots of different fresh fruits and vegetables but remain on the acid PH side though not greatly so.

How much importance should I attach to the acid PH?

Thanks

Alex
Carol
Re: paleo and PH
May 21, 2012 10:17AM
Alex,

The simplest and most obvious way to reduce your acid levels is by reducing the amount of protein you consume.

It might take a good while to accomplish this.

Carol
May 21, 2012 10:25AM
Alex... depends on whether you feel totally 'fine'...no aches or pains, no other symptoms related to acidic tissue residue, etc. As we age, we need adequate protein to support new cell production and retain muscle strength. The ideal diet consumes 80% food from the alkaline forming group and 20% from the acidic group to maintain a healthy pH that then relates to voltage to keep cells healthy as outlined by Dr. Tennant in the Alkalinity post now in the General Forum.

Jackie
alex
May 21, 2012 09:49PM
Hello Jackie,

on a weight basis I would be within the 20% 80% rule but I wonder if it is so simple. The common saying is the devil is in the details.

I have no aches and pains I haven't had a cold or flu in many years [I can't even remember when I last had one]

So can I trust those pH papers or should I just eat and be happy

Thanks

Alex
Anonymous User
May 21, 2012 10:50PM
Hello Alex,

My opinion rule says eat and be happy while avoiding fluoridated water --- hopefully Australian (and your partner's) activism has prevailed?

Erling.
May 22, 2012 12:57PM
Hi Alex... glad you have no aches and pains. The test papers are only a casual guide...not very precice but just an indicator.
Being happy is extremely important and beneficial. Happy = alkalinity.

I think the important thing is to eat well, hydrate very well - as Erling says with water free of chemicals including fluoride - and supplement with supportive nutrients in the areas where you know your body requires assistance. The one thing no one needs is to become obsessed with dotting every i and crossing every t. It's different if there are major health issues going on or afib isn't reversed. So the bottom line becomes, do what works well for you.

Be well and Be Happy!

Best to you.
Jackie
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login