Serving Afibbers worldwide since 1999
Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Thanks to BPA and other chemicals the new age of puberty for girls is 10

Posted by Todd 
(NaturalNews) Girls as young as 7 years old are now beginning to develop breasts and undergo other body changes that their mothers had not experienced until years later. The prime culprit for this new phenomena is bisphenol A, better known as simply BPA.

[www.naturalnews.com]
Re: Thanks to BPA and other chemicals the new age of puberty for girls is 10
April 24, 2012 08:48AM
Here is the other side of the story. Which one do we believe? This test was done with adults, maybe children metabolize BPA differently.

excerpt:
The study results indicate that the human body is extremely efficient at processing BPA from the body and is so effective that levels of free BPA are undetectable.

•Free BPA was below the limit of detection in all 320 blood samples analyzed by the CDC lab, even for samples with detectable total BPA. Based on their results, the authors note that high levels of BPA in blood reported in other studies are unlikely to be valid.
•Total BPA was detected in only 14% of the 320 blood samples, only one of which was above 1 part per billion (ppb). Total BPA was below the sensitive limit of detection (0.3 ppb) for 86% of the samples.

[http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21705716]

edit:I just realized that the excerpt that I quoted was from another article that was referring to the ncbi report.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/2012 09:09AM by BillS.
April 24, 2012 09:41AM
It's long been known (at least since '98,if not longer) that types of plastics contain xenoestrogens, phthalates that mimic estrogen and cause premature puberty and feminizing characterists in males plus cancers in both males and females males, abdominal obesity, etc. due to increased estrogen. Google the term xenoestrogens BPA.

The progressive, increased incidence of each of these conditions is easy to track.

It's smart to avoid what you can, especially for children and young adults.

Jackie
April 24, 2012 08:44PM
In Canada BPA is considered to be a toxic substance and its use will eventually be banned.

[www.cbc.ca]

Hans
May 02, 2012 07:06PM
This is not a new phenomenon as my daughter's girlfriends were developing breast and hair ten years ago.... some as early as 9.

In my day, it was 15-16.

Murray L

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tikosyn uptake Dec 2011 500ug b.i.d. NSR since!
Herein lies opinion, not professional advice, which all are well advised to seek.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login