Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Vitamin E recomendation

Posted by Josiah 
Vitamin E recomendation
February 28, 2012 11:15AM
Jackie,

Following up my inquiry about omega-3 supplementation, I want to be sure I'm taking sufficient vitamin E to balance the oxidative stress resulting from the unsaturated fatty acids. In the past you have recommended both the tocotrienol and gamma tocopherol forms of vitamin E. Should I also be taking a mixed tocopherol E supplement as well and what dosages are we talking about?

Thanks, Josiah
Re: Vitamin E recomendation
February 28, 2012 02:00PM
Josian - I've combined both answers in this response...

On the vitamin E dosing…. It’s the high Gamma E tocopherol complex that is helpful for the antioxidant/protective property. I use 800 IU daily. The Gamma E should be the highest quantity listed on the label.

For benefit tocotrienols should be taken separately… Gamma E in the morning and tocotrienols at night because Gamma E lowers tocotrienol potency.

The tocotrienols are also antioxidants and target:
-Lowering elevated total and LDL cholesterol, triglyciderides and Apolipoprotein b
-Helps protect cell membranes and LDL from lipid peroxidation.
-Is neuroprotective and helps boost the immune system
-Research is finding a positive for tocotrienols lowering elevated CRP

Therapeutic doses of Tocotrienol is 100 mg daily away from Gamma E dosing.

=====

Now on the other antioxidant dosing…
Antioxidants are ACES… vitamins A, C, E and (mineral) Selenium.

Separately I take at least 5,000 mg daily buffered vitamin C - plus all the C-containing food.

I take a combo antioxidant product which includes more than those vitamins…plus I get 200 mcg selenium in another combo product. I’ve recently added Astaxanthin - 12 mg daily.

I also use 300 mg of Ubiquinol which is a powerful antioxidant as well as Resveratrol (400 mg), Quercetin (200 mg)

Jackie
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login