Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

websites on pancreatitis

Posted by alex 
alex
websites on pancreatitis
February 21, 2012 07:11PM
A few weeks ago it happened to me. Acute as happened quickly and mild relatively speaking. It is the worst pain by far I have ever had in my life. I have some understanding of what I thought were the medical risks I am likely to encounter but pancreatitis was not on my radar.

I had zero of the common risk factors such as alcohol and gallstones but in the end after multiple tests nothing found so idiopathic as no known cause[my ex partner thinks it is because I had a super huge helping of some non-fresh unknown spice mix before it happened].

My question is does anyone know of good websites on the subject. My dream would be to find one like this forum

thanks

Alex
Todd
Re: websites on pancreatitis
February 26, 2012 12:01PM
Earthclinic has some info and home remedies you can go through.
[www.earthclinic.com]
Here's a little bit from one response.
i have had chronic pancreatitis since 2005. I have also been hospitalized around 40 times for acute pancreatitis. I did not drink but did smoke. It took six years of testing and hospitalizations before doctors in pittsburgh at UPMC determined what the root cause of my attacks were. I have pancreas divism. basically, the duct that pancreatic enzymes flow through to reach the duodenum does not work.
Re: websites on pancreatitis
February 27, 2012 10:44AM
Todd - I recently read or heard something about those with pancreatitis must be very careful not to consume anything with sugar or that metabolizes to sugar since that puts extra stress or load on the pancreas. Have you looked into pancreatic enzymes to see if that might be useful?

Jackie
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login