Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

behaviors

Posted by lynda 
lynda
behaviors
December 10, 2011 02:05AM
I have a grandson that will soon be four years old. For some time he has exhibited this behavior when he gets excited. He moves around and slaps his hand on top of the other hand and just either runs or moves in circles. I wonder what causes this. He is very bright and one night he said to me I am so excited. Any ideas or suggestions? This is another grandson from a different family than the one that has ecxema. Lynda
Re: behaviors
December 10, 2011 02:41AM
Lynda - always look to diet. How much sugar from packaged, processed foods does he take in along with preservatives, food coloring, chemicals, taste enhancers that are stimulatory. Hopefully he isn't allowed candy or soda and processed, highly sweetened cereals can be very unhealthy. Sometimes even natural sugars as in an apple prove to be too stimulating for some children. Do a google on the Feingold diet for hyperactive children. One of my little patients was helped tremendously by Feingold. He was so stimulated by many foods...even natural foods... that he just couldn't sit still. He would say to his mother... "I just can't help it but I can't stop." He was unable to eat an apple.... it may have been pesticide residues. Back then, we weren't as 'aware' as we are now. Organic is the way to go with fresh produce.

Jackie
lynda
Re: behaviors
December 10, 2011 04:27AM
Jackir, thank you. I believe the diet for him is key. He does get some sugar but I am not around enough to see how much in the course of a day. His father knows how I feel about nutrition and they do try to feed them a decent diet;however my daughter-in-law is not as diligent as I would like concerning the sugar intake. Many thanks. Lynda
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login