Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Forks Over Knives Movie

Posted by Gordon 
Gordon
Forks Over Knives Movie
November 13, 2011 10:35AM
There's a relatively new movie out, Forks Over Knives, extolling the virtues of a Vegan diet, although they don't call it that. They don't even allow fish or vegetable oils.

We've had lots of posts about different diets with everyone picking the right way. Before anyone picks this one they should read the movie review by a food blogger: [rawfoodsos.com]

Gordon
GeorgeN
Re: Forks Over Knives Movie
November 14, 2011 12:33PM
Gordon,

Very interesting.

I ate a very low fat veg. diet as per Esselstyn & Ornish for 18+ years. Everything seemed well health-wise, except I retained my excess mass from playing college football many years before. I used a glucometer and found my blood sugar response was sub-optimal. I was able to eat on their plan so my blood sugar spikes were small, however it took a lot of effort. I switched to a low-carb paleo approach and the blood sugar issues disappeared.

Additionally I took off 40 pounds of excess fat without trying very hard. I did not increase my exercise during this time and was in condition enough to run high altitude endurance races. Also satiety was much better on the LC approach. In fact, it was anything but low cal.

To me the glucometer told the story.

George
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login