Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Smart meters are coming!

Posted by Mike Harris 
Mike Harris
Smart meters are coming!
September 22, 2011 01:01AM
For those of you who don't yet have Smart Meters (which it is speculated may in some cases trigger afib) installed at your house, prepare yourselves:

TWST: You said we're between waves. What will generate the next wave?

Mr. Weisel: There are a couple of ways to look at it. I think the next definitive wave will come in Europe. The E.U. has a mandate that they want smart meters in 80% of houses by 2020 and 100% by 2022, and a lot of individual countries have set even more ambitious targets. Given the size of the utilities there, for them to roll out that many smart meters, it will take say five years, whereas a smaller U.S. utility can do it in may be two years. So you will start to see that coming. My expectation is that the big rollouts will start in about 2014.

TWST: You touched on the near-term costs versus the long-term benefit. Has the industry established that there is a long-term benefit, a payback, not only to them, but to the consumer as well?

Mr. Weisel: I think so. The first round of these two-way communicating meters came probably eight or so years ago. So the data has been around enough and plenty of utilities worldwide have been doing small pilots where they test it out on a sample that they feel would be representative of the population. So there is a lot of data out there. When you think about the cost to install smart meters, you can recoup about say 50% to 70% of that from cost savings.

So that's the idea that the utility doesn't have to pay a person and pay for gas and insurance for them to drive around house to house. What that means is, you still need to find another 40%. One example of how to get it is enabling remote disconnect or connect, so if someone moves, you just make a phone call and you can flip the switch for the power as opposed to needing someone to go there to collect it.
Marian from Miami
Re: Smart meters are coming!
September 30, 2011 03:16AM
Mike,

The Smart Meters are already alive and well in Miami, Florida. We got ours last December.

I don't trust the power companies. Now, Florida Power & Light can reduce our electricity if they wish and we would never know it, yet we would pay the same as if it were full power.

The good thing is that I can go online and review our power usage by the hour as often as I like.

Haven't had any change in health since it was installed.

Marian
September 30, 2011 11:40AM
Marian - the impact on health from these stealth frequencies is insidious. You may not have overt symptoms. Just be aware of what's in the reports on why these are of serious concern. Short of moving, there aren't many options... but you can take steps to blunt the affect of the harmful frequencies... grounding, antioxidants, etc.

And watch this clip about taking action against them installing them.
Rense & Dr Bill Deagle - Death By Smart Meter
[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]

Here's another clip
(Scroll down to this heading)

Smart Meters The Shortsightedness of New, Radiation-Emitting Utility Technologies

Elizabeth Kelley, MA is Founder of Electromagnetic Safety Alliance, Inc. Ms. Kelley has been actively engaged in international efforts to address the potential harmful effects of electromagnetic fields from a health and public policy perspective for over 14 years. She formerly directed the International Commission for Electromagnetic Safety (ICEMS), a scientific organization, headquartered in Italy. She also was a public policy analyst for the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services in Washington D.C. Her father, Floyd L. Goss, a prominent electric engineer with the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power, was a chief designer of the first electric power grid throughout North America. Ms. Kelley has testified before the national legislative bodies of the United States, United Kingdom, Japan and Brazil.

Watch Panel III Elizabeth Kelley, MA on Smart Meters and the Electric Grid
[www.shift2green.us]

Jackie
Todd
October 23, 2011 05:54PM
Orgone reduces our electric bill and much more From Youtube

[www.youtube.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login