Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Flouride: a statement of concern

Posted by Adrian 
Adrian
Flouride: a statement of concern
June 09, 2011 12:14PM
A statement for concern. Written by Dr. Paul Connett. Appears to me to be very well written and researched.

[www.fluoridealert.org]
Erling
Re: Flouride: a statement of concern
June 09, 2011 06:06PM
General Health Forum Search: Fluoridation [www.afibbers.org]

Fluoridation: A Horror Story [www.ahealedplanet.net]

Erling
June 09, 2011 06:14PM
Inhibition of the Na,K-ATPase by Fluoride (Na/K pump)
Alexander J. Murphy4 and J. Craig Hoover
From the Department of Biochemistry, School of Dentistry, University of the Pacific, Sun Francisco, California 94115

[www.jbc.org]

June 10, 2011 05:55AM
Adrian - Of critical importance to afibbers is the link Erling references about the Na/K pump inhibition...

...and I I really like the postscript statement:

Postscript.
" In proof reading this paper I realize that I have not done justice to a number of significant issues relating to fluoride's toxicity, for example: demonstrations of its mutagenicity; it's ability to promote cancer in the presence of other carcinogens; its possible relationship to birth defects like Down's Syndrome; the major work of Burk and Yiamouyiannis on comparing cancer rates in fluoridated and non-fluoridated cities in the US; Marier's extensive work on fluoride's toxicity in conjunction with magnesium deficiency; and the apparent willingness of the US, Australian and other governments to downplay or outright ignore the seriousness of industrial fluoride pollution which has plagued industrial society since the beginning of the century.

However, the important point at this juncture, I believe, is not to overwhelm the reader with more detail but rather to encourage them to cut through the layers of public relations, hype, and name calling, and find out for themselves the prostitution of science which has taken place on the fluoride issue at the highest level of government. "

We should transfer this thread to the General Health section so it can all be together in one place. Hans?

Jackie
Adrian
June 11, 2011 06:35AM
I didn't read the whole paper. My eyes glaze over in the real tetnical parts so I'll just summarize. Fluoride inhibits the Na/K-ATPase pump. (simple enough) It requires magnesium and potassium to do so. In order to reactivate the pump Sodium is required. Does that mean that if one suspects fluoride as a culprit towards afib one should have more sodium?

Have to let my brain rest now. Basement renovation is calling me

Adrian
lisa s
June 12, 2011 10:34AM
Adrian,

I'm not a scientific type either (soup for brains ;-), but I have always known that fluoride is a nasty thing, and have been telling all those around me since I was a child.

It always amazes me, and I don't know why I am ever surprised when the Subject comes up in conversation. They look at me as if I am wandering around with a tin-foil hat. "Everyone knows, [and that means the media and "Big Pharma which controls it] that fluoride is good for you" is what their answer invariably is.

lisa

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login