Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Cell phones implicated in brain cancer

Posted by Hans Larsen 
Hans Larsen
Cell phones implicated in brain cancer
May 31, 2011 05:55AM
The World Health Organization today issued a statement classifying cell phones as possibly carcinogenic to humans (Group 2cool smiley based on an increased risk for glioma, a malignant type of brain cancer associated with wireless use. The statement was issued at the end of a meeting of the International Agency for Research on Cancer held in Lyon, France from May 24-31, 2011. The working group of 31 scientists met to assess the potential carcinogenic hazards from exposure to radiofrequency electromagnetic fields and reviewed hundreds of scientific studies. One of these reported a 40% increased risk of glioma in heavy users of cell phones (reported average: 30 minutes per day over a 10-year period).

In 2008 237,913 new cases of brain cancer was diagnosed around the world. The number of mobile phone subscriptions is estimated at 5 billion globally.

Hans

Murray L.
Re: Cell phones implicated in brain cancer
June 23, 2011 03:56AM
I take this research with a grain of salt for some reason. Having been involved in ham radio for some 45 years, with power levels of 150 - 1500 watts nearby (enough to light up a fluorescent light bulb) I have yet to bump into a single radio amateur with brain cancer of any kind who have been exposed to far higher levels of RF energy over much greater time periods. Curiously, it seems to me that radio amateurs tend to live to a greater age than the general population as a whole according to reports of those that have passed that are listed in the national publications monthly. The RF exposure from cellular phones, by comparison, as a matter of interest, is generally under 1 watt and more usually under 30 milliwatts (small batteries, long life) as the cell sites adjust the power output in conjunction with the cellular phones themselves to use the minimum required RF power as mandated by law.

Nontheless, today it is pretty much standard for folks to have hands-free cellphones, cars with handsfree built in, or Bluetooth earbud handsfree. It might be difficult to find a 30 minute per day user that does not have handsfree which would remove the RF energy from being near the head.

And with the advent and popularity of social networking and texting the drop becomes exponential - very few hold a cellfone to their ear these days in North America and Europe.

But, science is science.
June 23, 2011 04:58AM
Murray - I'm continuing my research into the potential risks from the bombardment of EMFs and RFs and it's really very alarming... people aren't going to change what they do so at the very least, one can take steps to help undo some of the damage these waves cause in various tissues.... especially to the brain, heart and fertility issues for young people.

I'll be adding more to the Electropollution post. Whether or not you take it with a grain of salt is your decision, but for people who become affected with electrosensitivity problems, it can be devastating. It might even mean that it's difficult if not impossible to correct an arrhythmia once it begins if the load on that person is significant. Two symptoms are classic for overexposure .... insomnia and tinnitus. Arrhythmia is also a common complaint.

I would beg to differ that very few people hold cell phones to their ears... everyone I see in the supermarket, stores, restaurants, in cars... are all speaking to a cell phone held at the ear.... If you are in a store and surrounded by six people who are on their cell, you are getting just a really good dose of RF yourself. It's unavoidble...and also very annoying....even if they are carrying a cell phone left on but not talking, they are still receiving signals...and if you're next to them, so are you.

My concern is that because the technology of wireless is almost impossible to avoid and is so intertwined with everyday 'necessities' of computing, iPads, cell phones, etc... that people tend to intentionally tune out awareness on a very serious topic and the long-term consequences because it would be unthinkable to do without these conveniences. Electrosensitivity is not something that typically strikes quickly, but over time, manifests and then people wonder what hit them.

There is a lot of science that one doesn't typically see because no one wants the bad press published on this topic... so when I do gather together the next post, it should be very revealing..... it's all about awareness. What one does with the information is another story, completely.

Jackie
Todd
June 23, 2011 12:35PM
Ground yourself. Do a search on ( emf and grounding )
Ton of stuff out there.
Looks like some of them making a good living at it too :-)
Most of this stuff could be put together by yourselves.
June 24, 2011 01:39AM
Thanks Todd - I mentioned grounding in the original report on electropollution... thanks to George N bringing up the Earthing book. There is a huge amount of info on grounding and as the E/P report indicates, Dr. Sinatra endorses it as very necessary for overall health. Jackie
Hans Larsen
June 24, 2011 05:31AM
Todd and Jackie,

I have discussed the question of grounding (earthing) with two experts on the subject of electropollution. On the surface, as I have earlier stated, it sounds intuitively right that being in "touch with the earth" is a good thing. And indeed it is if you are walking barefoot in the grass or along the seashore far from any sources of electropollution such as cellphone towers, wrongly wired house wiring, etc. However, if you are in a polluted area then grounding yourself is not a good idea. By doing so, you become an antenna for any current seeking ground potential and your cells become exposed to whatever frequency and current you, as an antenna, are absorbing.

Hans

June 24, 2011 09:02AM
Hans - I'm delving into this very deeply and the information I'm learning indicates that grounding is really something everyone should do therapeutically to get their 'electron' fix daily... to help difuse the electropollution....regardless of where they are... unless of course, it's New York City and than that's hopeless.... and actually one doesn't have to be barefoot in the grass although that's the most economical and easy.

I'm working with a man who is a well-known energy healer who has a remarkable story. I'm sure that there are various opinions about grounding just as there are about anything that seems out of the realm of convention, but the grounding practice is actually very ancient. I've been a student of various forms of energy healing for a very long time and this latest Earthing fits right in. I was pleased to see Dr. Sinatra has been using it for for almost 10 years and he certainly is rubbing shoulders with experts from Europe in his new crusade.

I'll be posting more for those who want to entertain the thought. It certainly isn't harmful... unless as you say, you are grounding in an improperly wired house. Some of the experts in this field have a lot of science to share on the topic so eventually, it will be in my report to either use or discard.

By the way, leaning on a tree is another excellent way of grounding. Some trees offer better results than others. It's fascinating stuff with remarkable results. I first learned about grounding from a nun who taught Reiki classes at the nearby Catholic college over 10 years ago. She recommended lying on the ground regularly for the AF and I never got around to doing it... thought it sounded 'far out'... now I wish I had at least given it a try... simple, costs nothing and is relaxing.

Jackie
Gordon
June 24, 2011 11:53PM
I wonder how many cases of glioma were diagnosed annually perhaps 20 years ago when there were very few cell phones, no wifi and probably 20% fewer people in the world. The change in percentage might be indicative. Of course, the accuracy of that diagnosis probably has improved significantly over the those years.

Gordon
lisa s
June 26, 2011 04:34PM
It still begs the question: How Do You Avoid EMFs? This is even if the suspected elctropollution is an actual problem. I'm not sold, and I am not sure that there is any way to run a proper scientific study to see one way or another.

As it has been mentioned, it is all around us, even when we are not using any devices. I live very rurally (5.8 miles to the nearest traffic light). There are Amish locally, and even they are subjected to EMFs. I suppose they could be used as the control group, as they are the least likely group to use such devices, provided you could talk them into it.

The fact that we are communicating here is proof positive that we can't get away from EMFs.

lisa

June 27, 2011 01:50AM
Lisa - I'll be covering some options in my next report.... EMFs and RFs are here to stay... it's a way of life and no one is going to want to change much because we are all hooked on computers, wireless, etc... but there are some things that can be done and also can be avoided.... otherwise, we will eventually be stuck with the consequences and there is science to support that. It's not new science either as the consequences were observed quite some time ago and are predictable. There is new science but not widely published because it's such a big business and much of this is downplayed for all the obvious reasons.
Jackie
lisa s
June 27, 2011 03:57AM
Jackie, looking forward to it. lisa

Todd
June 27, 2011 06:55PM
ORGONITE

This stuff is suppose to protect you from EMF.
Ebay has a lot of it for sale
Youtube has a lot of video's on how to make it.
Go through a few of the video's

Orgonite. How to make your own orgone devices

[www.youtube.com]

orgonite recipe

orgonite

Cloud/ChemBuster Orgonite Tool
Tower Busters
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login