Advanced

Ester-C

Posted by Dee 
Dee
Ester-C
May 26, 2011 12:45AM
Ester C is Not Recommended
© Copyright Bee Wilder

Ester C (vitamin C) is not just ascorbic acid or they wouldn't be able to patent it.

Patented Scam
. . . Ester-C chemically is not an ester but a costly degraded mix of oxidized vitamin C. From their website: All of the ..."studies are considered to be pilot or preliminary, and although the results suggest a positive result, further studies are necessary [but not for sales] to verify these conclusions."

Eleven years after the patent the largest reported trial involved only 54 people during 1 day! Such practices based on deceptive research give the vitamin industry a bad name, yet their very friendly watch dog, the Council for Responsible Nutrition, refuses to bite this industry-wide profitable scam.

This watch dog - with 4 PhDs on staff - knows who buys the dog food. They happily collect 0.1% of any member company's Ester-C sales. So much for "enhancing consumer confidence in dietary supplements". A deceptive name for a common lobby group [-however, they are vital to help keep vitamins legal and available –thank you]."...

Now Ester-C is "fatty acid ester free" ... Bonus! Shame on that industry already famous for price-fixing (and making good multi's hard to find on store shelves) and which refuses to self-police and weed out supplement scams.

Ascorbic acid crystals are much cheaper and have a long history of proven effectiveness, whereas Ester-C has not been.

Has anyone read this about ester-C ? I wonder how true it is.

Dee
Re: Ester-C
May 26, 2011 06:04AM
Dee - News to me... I did a google and learned at Walt Stoll's website the following:

Re: Question concerning Ester - C (Fraud?) Archive in vitamin C.
Posted by Walt Stoll [9.1465] on January 31, 2005 at 07:43:39:
In Reply to: Re: Question concerning Ester - C posted by Brenda [3269.1351] on January 30, 2005 at 16:42:23:

Hi, Brenda.

I am guessing but I think the manufacturers are intentionally mislabling the product to justify charging more for regular vitamin C. I would not use the powder for this problem, and I would look for only products that say this is pure "esterified vitamin C". They can call their product anything they want and "Ester C" is a name like that. The name does not have to accurately represent what is actually in the product.
Let us know what you learn.
Walt
<[askwaltstollmd.com];
Dee
Re: Ester-C
May 27, 2011 12:48AM
Jackie,

thanks for the follow up. I started using magnisum ascorbate powder. I can mix it with whatever I'm drinking during the day and get a more sustained release C. I'm having to adjust my mag intake but thats OK.

I'm disappointed in the Ester-C, but should have known you can't believe everything you read.

Dee
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login