Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

zio patch question

Posted by cirenepurzalot 
zio patch question
July 03, 2020 08:10AM
Just a quick question....

I hit my 3 month mark so Dr Natale's office sent me the zio patch for 7 days. I put on the patch Tuesday at 1pm. I have heeded all instructions. Unfortunately it seems that the part round the main center part is slowly becoming unstuck. I don't know if it'll last through the weekend but I'll certainly do my best. Any suggestions? If it does happen to fall off after only a few days does that give Dr Natale enough data for his assessment? (I'd love to get off the eliquis but he'll tell me after this patch I guess.)

By the way, I'm sooo happy I got the ablation! It's so nice not having afib anymore. Dr Natale was awesome, as many of you said.

Thanks!
Re: zio patch question
July 03, 2020 10:16AM
You want to capture the full 7 days if possible, so if you can't keep it on by just pressing it back down then I would get some medical tape and tape it down.
July 03, 2020 01:05PM
Ok thanks Carey!
July 03, 2020 05:26PM
It will blink red if you are not making proper connection to skin. I use tape
July 03, 2020 10:11PM
Heat and sweat does that. Happened to me many times. Apply tape over it. Tegadern clear bandaid over each side. Cedars-Sinai always did it however my local EP didn’t and it started to peel so I got two tegaderm bandaids (the kind they use to put over an iV needle) to secure it. It didn’t go anywhere!

My favorite is EPatch. It comes with 6 stickers you snap the center to. It’s more comfortable to wear. I’m allergic to the adhesive used on the zio patch. My skin would welt, ooze and bleed. That’s why I always had to reattach with tedaderm
July 04, 2020 02:55AM
Thank you so much!
July 04, 2020 05:53PM
My skin hates them too. Worst part about wearing them. Even when I use the tape that claims to not irritate my skin it does so I just deal.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login