Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Best liquid magnesium?

Posted by DavrosT 
Best liquid magnesium?
June 21, 2020 11:03AM
So I've been doing a little reading on different forms of magnesium, considering tab/cap form seems to have stopped being any use for me.

I've tried all types: citrate, chelated, bisglycinate and my ectopics are actually getting worse. So I came across ReMag the other day and was immediately suspicious due to its price. A bit of research tells me it contains lead and there's a lot of other nefarious rumours attached to it.

Apparently, liquid mag is a better take for some people but I'm keen to find a brand in the UK that is actually decent. I don't mind paying a high price, as long as I know it'll have some benefits.

Also, I have CFS/ME too, and I'm led to believe magnesium helps with sleep, restless legs and fatigue. I know the types I've been taking aren't working because I'm seeing no reduction in any of the symptoms listed above.

I've been taking 250-500mg daily over the last 2.5 years and the benefits have been steadily decreasing. Should I up my dose or just try liquid mag instead? I have started taking potassium and taurine again today too. I stopped the potassium because my levels were good consistently.
Re: Best liquid magnesium?
June 21, 2020 11:39AM
I use Waller Water, get loads of magnesium from that. Cheap and easy to make, everything available in UK. Recipe is here:

[www.afibbers.org]

Gill
June 21, 2020 11:43AM
Gill
I use Waller Water, get loads of magnesium from that. Cheap and easy to make, everything available in UK. Recipe is here:

[www.afibbers.org]

Gill

Thanks Gill, that looks really cool. I'll give that a go.

I have IBS, so is that something I'll want to start at slowly? Take Omeprazole for it.
June 21, 2020 06:13PM
DavrosT

[www.afibbers.org]

Gill

Thanks Gill, that looks really cool. I'll give that a go.

I have IBS, so is that something I'll want to start at slowly? Take Omeprazole for it.

No experience with IBS, but can say that fully diluted per the recipe, it is a mild magnesium solution. " 125 mg of
magnesium and approximately 625 mg of bicarbonate per liter " Later in the recipe it talks about neutralizing the alkaline pH of the Waller Water. I recall a discussion years ago about why that was not a good idea. Don't remember the reason at this point in time.
June 21, 2020 06:37PM
DavrosT
I have IBS, so is that something I'll want to start at slowly?

I also know nothing about IBS. This may not suit you at all. Maybe start with a small amount and gradually increase to bowel tolerance, then take a step back?

Gill
June 21, 2020 10:54PM
I have used Cardiovascular Research's liquid magnesium for years to convert from Afib to sinus rhythm. I know that sounds crazy, but it has worked 100 percent of the time. My husband had Afib for 15 years before me, and it helped him too to convert until ablations were a more permanent fix. I also take it before playing two hours of hard tennis (for a 68 year old!) in the heat and I can feel my heart literally calm down. If I feel wonky, like my heart is PAC city or speeded up slightly, I also take a teaspoon (best in OJ--hardly registers the metallic taste), and my chest feels so thankful. I typically take two PURE Therapro Optimum Magnesium (250mg x 2) twice daily and skip a dose if I sub the liquid magnesium.

I hope that might help.

[www.amazon.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2020 10:59PM by karin.
June 22, 2020 04:36AM
Gill
I have IBS, so is that something I'll want to start at slowly?

I also know nothing about IBS. This may not suit you at all. Maybe start with a small amount and gradually increase to bowel tolerance, then take a step back?

Gill

Thanks George and Gill, I'll just take it slowly but you're right, it does seem mild initially.

I've previously been fine with 500mg of tablets so I imagine this won't be as bad. I'll literally take diahorrea at the moment to stop these ectopics!
June 22, 2020 04:37AM
karin
I have used Cardiovascular Research's liquid magnesium for years to convert from Afib to sinus rhythm. I know that sounds crazy, but it has worked 100 percent of the time. My husband had Afib for 15 years before me, and it helped him too to convert until ablations were a more permanent fix. I also take it before playing two hours of hard tennis (for a 68 year old!) in the heat and I can feel my heart literally calm down. If I feel wonky, like my heart is PAC city or speeded up slightly, I also take a teaspoon (best in OJ--hardly registers the metallic taste), and my chest feels so thankful. I typically take two PURE Therapro Optimum Magnesium (250mg x 2) twice daily and skip a dose if I sub the liquid magnesium.

I hope that might help.

[www.amazon.com]

Thanks, I'll have a look for that Karin
June 23, 2020 11:02AM
So I now have the required ingredients for this, this afternoon. I will let you know how it goes.

Thanks again!
June 23, 2020 01:18PM
karin
I have used Cardiovascular Research's liquid magnesium for years to convert from Afib to sinus rhythm.

From the Amazon link for Cardiovascular Research: ingredients Magnesium Chloride and Acetate, Deionized Water, Lactic Acid.

I've made my own liquid magnesium from mag chloride for years. The Japanese use crystals of mag chloride that they call Nigari to coagulate tofu. I purchased 40 kg of the crystals years ago and they are part of my afib remission protocol some of the time - I tend to rotate the mag I take and any mag works for me, though I've never had these convert an episode. I do tend to take magnesium when I take flec on demand to convert. It does seem to help the flec convert me faster. Years ago, Jackie posted an article about some liquid mag converting episodes. I think that was mag citrate. I found her post. Looking at her post, it was partially about drinking a 10oz bottle of magnesium citrate, that is normally used as a bowel cleanse. I looked up how much magnesium is in a bottle. It is 290 mg/oz, so 10 oz would be 2900 mg or 2.9 g of magnesium.

Before I purchased a large quantity of the nigari, I had it analyzed for impurities. Here and here.

You can use the nigari to make what is called magnesium "oil" for topical use. It is just a supersaturated solution of magnesium chloride and water - just enough water to dissolve the crystals.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2020 01:59PM by GeorgeN.
June 27, 2020 05:54AM
Hi all, anybody know how long this solution will last in the fridge?

I made 4 litres of diluted, with 1/3 of the mag solution and still have a lot of that left. I think I drank it too fast and gave myself reflux. I'm determined to find a way to try it for a prolonged period though, so just interested how long it'll be viable in the fridge.
June 27, 2020 08:39AM
DavrosT
so just interested how long it'll be viable in the fridge.

Should be very long term stable as it is just magnesium bicarbonate.
June 28, 2020 10:33PM
Dear Davros T, I have been pounding down the ReMag for almost a year trying to get my RBC Mg test up to optimal. Can you please tell me where you found out about the lead in ReMag, and anything else about it? I have recently ordered a different type. It's a chelated powder which is supposed to be absorbed well. Dr. Dean's formulas, as convincing as she is in her books, are still too expensive to sustain over time.
June 29, 2020 12:57PM
LaniB
Dear Davros T, I have been pounding down the ReMag for almost a year trying to get my RBC Mg test up to optimal. Can you please tell me where you found out about the lead in ReMag, and anything else about it? I have recently ordered a different type. It's a chelated powder which is supposed to be absorbed well. Dr. Dean's formulas, as convincing as she is in her books, are still too expensive to sustain over time.

Hi, was directed to the information from another forum post which led to the FDA website. [www.fda.gov]

They actually wrote to Dr Dean last year to warn her about Remag and a number of her other products. As of my last check, she has yet to respond.

For what it's worth, I was so desperate that I took the plunge and just bought some a while ago. I did not respond well and can say it was not the miracle we were promised haha.
July 01, 2020 11:08PM
I e mailed ReMag customer service and asked about the lead. Their answer is that lead is in the soll , so a small amount is in ReMag. Chocolate has lead too. My problem is, long before I had afib, i had myself tested for heavy metals, basically looking for Mercury since i worked in a dental office for 33 years and my levels were high then!!!! I'm going to do anotherr test in a few days. I'll let you know how it comes out. ReMag doesn't taste as bad as the powder mixed in water, Uck!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login