Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Back in AF

Posted by susan.d 
Back in AF
June 17, 2020 04:00AM
Back in AF. Probably lack of sleep and being hydrated.

I forgot Monday night’s Eliquis so I took it at 6am yesterday and forgot again in the evening for 18 hours and took another just now @12.30am. That’s 2 doses 18 hours apart instead of 12. I didn’t forget in the past so I hope I have enough in my system so I don’t stroke out. I was in nsr all this week and have been taking several times a day iWatch and Kardia readings. I 100% was in nsr the last 48 hours.

Will I need a TEE before a possible ECV? Because of covid19, I would have to drive to the hospital for a test and return Thursday if possible to get ECV. So that will be more time back on my 12 hour schedule of Eliquis.

Af after my ablation is so much worse. It’s not 205 but 170s. I was sleeping and woke up to use the bathroom. I just jumped out of bed when it happened. Years ago getting out of bed abruptly triggered af as well.

HR just slowed to 140s.,

Ps I forgot one of my multaq Monday as well but took the 2/day yesterday.

I hope I don’t stroke
Re: Back in AF
June 17, 2020 06:00AM
Since you missed a dose you will most likely need a TEE. They should ask you if you have missed any dosing of the Elequis.

Also, sorry to hear you are having issues.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/17/2020 06:01AM by rocketritch.
June 17, 2020 04:33PM
I just saw Natale’s NP. I’was in af but now flutter. I’m waiting at the cardio cath lab to get the covid19 test and will get my ECV tomorrow.

Does flutter go away on its own? My hr is all over. 70hr Which is good tho at 101- 125. Was as high as 170.

They know I missed two doses of Eliquis and are fine with it. I took a dose at midnight, noon and will take tonight. I hope I don’t stroke out.
June 17, 2020 07:09PM
susan.d
Does flutter go away on its own?
Possible, but I wouldn't depend on it.
June 17, 2020 07:58PM
I had to wait 1.5 hrs to get the covid19 test. I asked the RN @cath lab and NP about missing..or late in two doses. She said I will be fine...the RN said I need 24 hours of dosing (3 doses) and I will be fine. By tonight’s dose and tomorrow’s dose it should count as the requirement the hospital has of 3 doses in 24 hours.

Eliquis-
Monday 1am
Monday 1pm in the afternoon-
Forgot Monday night but I took it Tuesday 5 hours late @6am-I fell asleep.
Fell asleep for Tuesday evening dose at 1am but I remembered Tuesday night/Wednesday (.5 hrs late) morning-12:25am -af occurred
Wednesday today-11:45am
Planning on taking Wednesday night at 10:30om
Planning on taking Thursday morning before the ECV @10am

At Natale office 12 lead ekg states atrial flutter with variable AV block.
I then had hubby drive me across the lot to hospital. It was insane and guard told me to go to the drive-thru for covid19 testing (closed already at noon) instead of spot at the Cardiac Cath Lab to take the test. I protested and my AF returned. I then waited 1.5 hours starving and thirsty.

I hope this ECV tomorrow will last. Multaq is not as successful as flec. The testing is stressful.
June 22, 2020 03:36AM
Hi Susan,

Flutter can and does self-terminate at times, but it also more commonly requires an ECV to terminate a flutter. This is especially true for Atypical left atrial flutter which is most commonly seen after an AFIB ablation.

And an atypical left atrial flutter originating from the ostium of the LAA will almost certainly require an ECV to terminate in the short term and a successful flutter ablation for the long haul. And keep in mind that this type of left atrial flutter from the LAA is not amenable to being converted back to NSR with drugs alone.

The truly durable solution for getting LAA-sourced atypical atrial flutter out of your life is most often an expert flutter ablation.

Shannon

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/22/2020 09:02AM by Shannon.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login