Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Getting the ablation

Getting the ablation
June 17, 2020 12:05AM
First, I'd like to thank everyone that offered advice in the last 6 months to help me try to find a fix for my AFIB. Looks like I have a hard case that can't be solved by one of the tightrope solutions.

The final straws in letting go and getting the ablation were the realizations that my heart had probably been acting up unknown to me for more than a decade (I used to observe the same heart rate spikes with a Polar HRM as early as 12 years ago) the same spikes that I've seen progressively increase over time after my 2 ECVs.

As well, recalling that my father had a maze procedure somewhere near age 60 which might indicate that he had the same issues about the some time they started for me.

Last point was a discussion with Shannon and my own sense that even if I could get this sorted out and delayed for a few years, it's also possible my EP of choice may be retired by then.

AF has been very disruptive to my life, first a nuisance, and over time, a ball and chain. Now's the time.

Last week I had an echo ~ 60 ejection (while in AF) and today I had a stress test (also in AF) - cardi said everything looked great, lastly I have a CAC score that's regressing or at the least stabilized. I'm 57, if all goes well, I'll have a strong NSR heart and a less than 100 CAC score before I turn 65.

Now the damn problem is, with the FED destroying the $, I may outlive my retirement and savings.

It never gets easy...

Thanks all.
Re: Getting the ablation
June 17, 2020 08:44AM
NLAMAF,

Sounds like you are in great shape and an optimal time to get an ablation.

Good luck!

George
June 18, 2020 12:14PM
Thanks George. I appreciate your help. I wish your and Steve Carr's solutions would have worked for me.
July 08, 2020 11:31PM
I had mine done May 11, by Dr. Hranitzky who has previeously worked with Natale. I wish I had had it done a year ago!!! All of the anguish it would have prevented! The recovery is a piece of CAKE! I don't know why I put it off so long. Fear of the unknown, and wanting to try to control it myself. I did the Stephen Carr protocol, had total faith in it, but it did not work. I am still trying to saturate my cells with magnesium and avoiding calcium, now going to add taurine and potassium and CoQ10. Best wishes!! You'll be pleased I'm sure! Shannon is an Angel to us all!
July 16, 2020 08:47AM
Thanks Lani.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login