Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Magnesium options

Posted by SueChef 
Magnesium options
October 10, 2019 04:54PM
What might be the best way to get magnesium when tablets of Doctor's Best chelated magnesium glycinate cause gastrointestinal distress? ("The runs" no matter how or when I take it ... taken with food, take half a tablet taken with food, taken before or taken after food, taken on an empty stomach, time of day, etc etc.)

I've been using Ancient Minerals Magnesium Oil spray -- 6 squirts a day.

Might Waller Water might be a better option...or just a different option?

Which one would be the better deliver system, with the most consistent levels? I have to admit, I'm hesitant to try Waller Water because of the issues I had with ingesting the chelated magnesium glycerinate tablets, even though Waller Water is a liquid.

Thanks everyone, and thank you as always for the collective wisdom of this site!
Sue

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2019 04:54PM by SueChef.
Re: Magnesium options
October 10, 2019 09:59PM
SueChef
I've been using Ancient Minerals Magnesium Oil spray -- 6 squirts a day.

Might Waller Water might be a better option...or just a different option?

Which one would be the better deliver system, with the most consistent levels? I have to admit, I'm hesitant to try Waller Water because of the issues I had with ingesting the chelated magnesium glycinate tablets, even though Waller Water is a liquid.

The magnesium chloride spray (Ancient Minerals Magnesium Oil spray) is transdermal & should bypass the gut completely. There aren't a lot of published data on this, though years ago one case report noted that a person's magnesium as per Exatest repleted to the top of the mag. range for that test (38 from memory).

In the diluted form of Waller Water there is 125 mg of magnesium and approximately 625 mg of bicarbonate per liter. If you drink this over the day, that would have a good shot at not causing you issues. At 00:51:48 of this interview <[thefatemperor.com] (see transcript on this page), Cardiologist, Dr. William Davis, has a similar recipe for magnesium water from magnesium hydroxide and carbonated water, though his is the concentrate. He notes how powerful it is, and its power to help some truly compromised people. I'd give the Waller Water a try in the dilute form and see what happens. You can then push the concentration higher, if you are successful.
October 10, 2019 10:40PM
Thanks, George! I think I'll wait until I'm done with the spray before I try the Waller Water. smiling smiley
October 16, 2019 05:39PM
You can make your own magnesium chloride "oil" inexpensively for use in a bath or rubbing on the skin.

This company: [bulknaturaloils.com] sells 55 lbs. of magnesium chloride crystals for 62.50.

You just mix 50% of the crystals with 50% water and stir it up, then you have your own magnesium "oil."
October 16, 2019 09:59PM
DavidK
You can make your own magnesium chloride "oil" inexpensively for use in a bath or rubbing on the skin.

This company: [bulknaturaloils.com] sells 55 lbs. of magnesium chloride crystals for 62.50.

You just mix 50% of the crystals with 50% water and stir it up, then you have your own magnesium "oil."

Yes, I've done that. Have 20 Kg bags sitting in my garage. If you want the "oily" feel, add just enough water to dissolve the mag chloride into a supersaturated solution. More water and more dilute is OK, too.

I take magnesium orally as the oil takes more time and is more hassle. I've also made a more dilute formulation and consumed it orally. Takes a bit salty and bitter.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login