Welcome to the Afibber’s Forum
Serving Afibbers worldwide since 1999
Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What's the longest NSR after Dr Natale's ablation you've ever heard/known about?

Posted by kong2018 
What's the longest NSR after Dr Natale's ablation you've ever heard/known about?
April 02, 2018 10:58PM
I remember 2 guys in the range of 8-10 years making that claim on here.
Re: What's the longest NSR after Dr Natale's ablation you've ever heard/known about?
April 03, 2018 09:06AM
I,don't think we can really answer that question, as we don't have access to all of his patient data (nor should we). As I understand it, his caseload numbers near the tens of thousands, so among those there are certain to be "one-and-dones". We just don't know.
Re: What's the longest NSR after Dr Natale's ablation you've ever heard/known about?
April 03, 2018 01:26PM
The Bordeaux team are on a par with Dr Natale. I have been in normal rhythm since ablation there in early January 2003, ie over 15 years.

I needed a second ablation three days after the first, but I had been in long term persistent AF for 18 months so was not an easy case. In those days very few EPs would even attempt ablation for persistent AF.

And the technology has improved since then.

Gill
April 03, 2018 01:56PM
The trouble with asking this sort of question is the people who get a one-and-done don't tend to show up on afib forums. Most of them just go about their lives and we never hear from them. Therefore, forums like this tend to be dominated by people new to afib, people who've had failed ablations, and people who are managing their afib medically but not having an easy time of it.
April 03, 2018 09:52PM
Concur with Carey,

There is a guy who posts as dnvrfox who has posted once or twice a year since his successful Natale ablation. His last post was in Aug 2016 ago, which was they at 11 years <[www.afibbers.org]

"So, I turned 76 in November.. - almost to 77.

Continuing my mini sprint triathlon - 3 mile walk followed by 20 mile bike ride followed by 500 yard swim, throwing in some pushups, pullups, chinups, planks, etc., along the way.

I continue TRX training, also, and am getting more advanced.. Using stretch bands, etc., etc"

George
It's been over four years since my Natale ablation, and I have had perfect beats since. And I would know, I'm one of those that is VERY affected by a-fib, back when I had it I was in misery every second.
So glad to see these positive results. Should I consider Natale's ablation as, at least partially, curative? I've had six episodes, though all happened when sleeping, they are stressing me out. So if I can get a few years worry free of afib, it will be priceless as these are the years my kids are young.
April 04, 2018 05:53AM
I don’t really care if it’s 'curative' or 'at least partially curative' as long as I am in normal rhythm. Ablation doesn’t fix whatever caused the Afib but it stopped it happening and gave me my life back. That is good enough for me.

Gill
April 04, 2018 10:44AM
I don't know if I'd call AF ablation a cure or just a VERY effective treatment. It has certainly been my experience that, although the ablation terminated the arrythmmia, I was still plagued by PACs and short bursts of tachycardia in the year afterwards until I finally (and too slowly) adopted the strategy espoused here (mag, K, taurine) using high-quality supplements in the most bio-available forms. So it really is a combination of procedure and supplementation that gives the best result. The ablation "builds a wall" around the errant atrial tissue in what can be described perhaps as a point-solution (eliminate or quarantine the "bad cells"), but the supplementation seeks to calm all of the heart's muscle so as to minimize that errant activity everywhere. It can, and has in my case, also calmed down other parts of the body. For example, I'd have muscle cramps from running and lots of autonomous muscle "twitching" most days in the evening in both my upper arms and legs. That's gone, too. Now tell me that's not related...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login