Welcome to the Afibber’s Forum
Serving Afibbers worldwide since 1999
Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Our WW is now famous..... (Magnesium bicarbonate water)

Posted by Jackie 
Our WW is now famous..... (Magnesium bicarbonate water)
July 30, 2015 04:30PM
Woo hoo... It's party time... Toast with a celebratory drink of Waller Water (WW). Clink, clink.

In his recent newsletter, Cardiologist, William Davis, author of Wheat Belly, has offered a slightly altered version of the classic work of our beloved member and former afibber - Erling Waller (87), who saw the value of the science behind magnesium bicarbonate water and then perfected and published the homemade version ....the WW recipe for Magnesium Bicarbonate water (probably about 13 years ago). I remember the project well as I was a project "lab rat."

Congratulations, to Erling... I've sent him an email to be sure he knows of this wonderful acknowledgement and the good news it's working well for Dr. Davis' patients. So well, he's recommending it to the world!.

Dr. Davis recommends drinking the concentrate which many of us have also been doing.

Here's the clip from the newsletter.. (quotes):

Magnesium Water: From Wheat Belly Total Health
Below is an excerpt from the recipes provided in Wheat Belly Total Health. The recipes in Wheat Belly Total Health are not conventional recipes, such as those for soups or entrees; they are functional recipes that provide some specific health benefit, from electrolyte restoration to bowel flora cultivation. Here, I reproduce the recipe for Magnesium Water, the best form of magnesium supplementation available that you cannot buy.

While the best form of magnesium supplement is magnesium bicarbonate, in solid form is highly hygroscopic, or water-absorbent, such that it turns to a hard solid, then crumbles, in short order. For this reason, no manufacturer will sell you a magnesium bicarbonate supplement. But you can make it yourself quite easily in liquid form and at very low cost using common materials.

This form of magnesium is so well absorbed that I prescribed this mixture for patients over the years who had severe, life-threatening magnesium deficiencies (from such things as prior chemotherapy or specific magnesium-losing nephropathies, or kidney defects of magnesium reabsorption) that were chronic, requiring them to go to an emergency room or clinic every week for an intravenous infusion of magnesium to avoid the sudden cardiac death that can result. But the weekly infusion was an awful experience, as getting an IV is no fun, it’s a major inconvenience, and costly.

Using this Magnesium Water, I was able to keep patients' magnesium blood levels in a safe range using this convenient oral mixture–no more IVs, no more weekly trips, far less cost, and less fluctuation of magnesium levels, since it could be supplemented every day, rather than once per week. This formula is perfectly safe even if you don’t have a life-threatening magnesium deficiency, though your needs will be less.

If we were able to drink water straight from streams that flowed over rocks and minerals, or if we ate wild foods rich in magnesium, none of this would be necessary. But given the fact that water filtration removes virtually all magnesium and that modern crop-growing methods mobilize as much as 60% less magnesium compared to older methods, nearly all of us suffer from magnesium deficiency. Inadequate magnesium intake has real consequences, such as higher blood pressure, higher blood sugars, muscle cramps, heart rhythm disorders such as atrial fibrillation (as well as fatal rhythms), and osteoporosis. Because of our poor intake, supplementation is necessary for a lifetime for the majority.

This magnesium water is therefore the best fix I know of.

Magnesium water
This simple recipe yields magnesium bicarbonate, a highly absorbable form of magnesium to restore tissue magnesium with least potential for diarrhea. A 4-ounce serving provides 90 mg of elemental magnesium; 4 ounces twice per day thereby adds an additional 180 mg of elemental magnesium to your diet.

Note that the milk of magnesia must be unflavored, as flavorings block the reaction. Be sure to label your bottle to prevent any unexpected guzzling by someone (which results in diarrhea). Magnesium water does not need to be refrigerated if consumed within 1-2 weeks. The end-product will no longer be carbonated, as the carbon dioxide reacts with magnesium oxide of the Milk of Magnesia to yield magnesium bicarbonate.

2 liter bottle of seltzer (not club soda)
3 tablespoons unflavored milk of magnesia

Uncap the seltzer and pour off a few tablespoons. Shake the milk of magnesia, then pour out 3 tablespoons. (Most brands come with a handy little measuring cup.) Pour into the seltzer slowly.

Cap securely, then shake until all sediment has dissolved. Allow to sit for 15 minutes and it will clarify. Drink 4 ounces twice per day. Label the bottle to keep others from inadvertently drinking it (and experiencing diarrhea by drinking too much).

If rapid restoration of magnesium is desired, e.g., chronic migraine headaches or atrial fibrillation, I’ve had patients drink 8 ounces twice per day to provide 360 mg elemental magnesium per day. Just be aware that even this great preparation has potential to cause loose stools.
End quotes

Erling: Congratulations on your '15 minutes of fame' !!!! You are now in officially recognized.
And, Thank YOU. Dr. William Davis.

Skoal!
Jackie

Source:
Insider news from Dr. William Davis for readers of the Wheat Belly books and followers of Cureality.com.

Wheat Belly Total Health (2014) [www.prweb.com]

PS - Refer to the many previous posts from afibbers finding relief by following Dr. Davis' Wheat Belly recommendations.
Tom Costa brought this book to our attention several years ago. Avoiding wheat and also gluten has often resulted in total resolution of afib in some individuals. Refer also to the report Dietary Enlightenment - Part 1 on this topic.
Re: Our WW is now famous..... (Magnesium bicarbonate water)
July 30, 2015 07:43PM
That's sort of good and bad, we do the genius Brain work, and then are the uncompensated Ginuea Pigs, then some other Dr. takes our work/efforts and claims success.
July 30, 2015 10:27PM
At least we got the benefits first Anti-AFIB :-)... Maybe some bragging rights for sorting it all out too... Waller Water is definitely a handy tool that Erling concocted .

Shannon
It seems likely that Dr. Davis learned about Mg-bicarbonate water from Dr. Mark Sircus who gives full credit to Dr. Russell Beckett in this 2009 article Magnesium Bicarbonate -- The Ultimate Mitochondrial Cocktail [drsircus.com]

Quote:

It was actually the dedicated work of Dr Russell Beckett, a veterinarian with a PhD in biochemical pathology that paved the way to understand the significance of bicarbonate acting in conjunction with magnesium. He has formulated Unique Water which, it has been asserted, slowed the aging process and increased the length of life of humans and other mammals and could be used to treat all inflammatory and degenerative diseases. Unique Water is water containing magnesium bicarbonate at an alkaline pH value. Dr. Beckett’s theoretical and experimental research has resulted in the understanding of how important both bicarbonate and magnesium ions are in human physiology and how they work together to optimize human health and the ability to recover from disease.
July 31, 2015 01:22PM
Thank you, Moerk, for that contribution.

As a follow-up to my Celebratory post, I should clarify for our many new readers the history of the WW and point out Erling’s excellent review post titled:

From UW to WW with love [www.afibbers.org] - be sure to read.

Erling spent a huge amount of time online learning from pathologist, Russell Beckett and his Sidney U. colleagues and at their site Non Pharmaceutical Health Care and Unique Water. He then decided to formulate a homemade version of their magnesium bicarbonate water. He was lab rat #1 and I was lab rat 2. We experimented with making, perfecting (and sampling) numerous batches. He initially secured USP grade magnesium hydroxide powder which we used before settling on the easy-to-locate plain Milk of Magnesia. And, after many more batches, he had the final recipe/formula formally analyzed by a local lab in Colorado.

WW analysis:
Magnesium 125 mg/L (calculated)
Bicarbonate 751 mg/L (Evergreen Analytical Labs, Wheatridge, Colorado, Dec 5, '02)
pH 8.63 (Evergreen Analytical Labs, Dec 5, '02)

(BTW - Dr. Dr. Davis errs in calling MoM's Magnesium hydroxide, Magnesium oxide; and as I previously mentioned, he also deviates from the original WW formula in that for using 2 liters of seltzer, he’s only adding 3 TBS when it should be 6 TBS. )

In addition to the excellent and highly beneficial form of magnesium (via the bicarbonate ion delivery), the alkalinity or cellular pH benefit is equally important, as emphasized in the post titled Alkalinity, Healing, pH, and Voltage – The Inside Story. [www.afibbers.org]

Also, as Erling is quick to point out as well, the importance of alkalinity dates back to the '30s and Nobel Laureate Otto Warburg’s irrefutable proof of cancerous cells being anaerobic from low pH; and cancer cure being alkalinity and aerobic cell metabolism.

The beauty of using the WW is the simplicity and cost-effectiveness and obviously, the results.

Erling Waller (87) happily confirms he is enjoying life in full-time NSR since '02, no weird beats, uses only 1 1/2 to 2 liters per day dilute WW for his magnesium source and that the alkaline bicarbonate ion is equally essential.

Jackie
Anonymous User
August 09, 2015 12:12PM
Jackie, thank you again for bringing impeccable information to the attention of readers suffering with AF. Between brilliant scientists Russell Beckett PhD and Jerry Tennant MD the basis of AF causation can be understood, hence a personal path to natural cure can be scientifically derived. Why is it that you seem the only person on this forum presently interested in doing so, when such presentations were apparently the norm just a few years ago?

April 4, 2012 From UW to WW with love [www.afibbers.org]
April 26, 2012 Alkalinity, Healing, pH, and Voltage – The Inside Story [www.afibbers.org]
August 09, 2015 02:10PM
Good question, Moerk... beats me.

It's effective, easy, economical and additionally, works well beyond the benefits for Afib.

I like to call it The Elixir of Health and Longevity... just as they observed initially in the cattle and sheep exhibiting such profound benefits when they drank from the magnesium bicarbonate stream.

People are typically so acidic and so low on voltage-sustaining electrons, it's no wonder the hospitals are on overload.

Everyone seems to be joining in on the ease of making the beneficial WW. Here's another website that illustrates the ingredients with a photo of a bottle of seltzer + MoM + a glass of the final product... I like the title... "Dancing with Water" which is the title of the book by the same name. Interesting website.

[www.dancingwithwater.com]

Jackie
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login